nnChipmunk Swappable - design, build, and review log

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
OoooOOOh.

I think my Art Scholl paint scheme idea has been replace with the pepsi plane. I'm still going to use all the super chipmunk parts on it though.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Naw, the chip will be done before FF this year. It's even on my list of stuff to bring. ;)

You should even be able to sign it.

abieex

Mentor
I would love to see an A1-D Skyraider. Best prop driven attack plane in Navy history. Introduced in 1946 and performed well in VietNam over 30 years later! No swappable on this one please.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Build video was 50% filmed tonight. One of my cameras shut off early though due to low battery. Not sure how much is missing yet so I'm a little bummed about that.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah I'm gonna make a new thread for the v2.

And for the 250%.. now that I actually have the space this just might happen :)

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks Jaxx! How have you been lately?

Doing better than I have in almost a year, and finally getting back to building. Thanks for asking. Found out I have a ruptured disc in my lower back, but doing well considering. Now, my biggest challenge is trying to keep up with your designs :). Finishing up the nnChipmunk V1, and now you're releasing the V2. Now I have to build a second one....thanks Nic:).

IMG_3095.JPG

WermCan

Nope! Not the last. Just printed and cut these out. The V2 looked a bit too advanced for me.

If I wanted to follow along with a build video, which of the flite test releases are most similar to this? Or did NN end up making one for the V1.1?

WermCan

So, I decided to man up a bit and just go for it. All of the bits are cut out and subassemblies put together. I'm particularily proud of my wing. Even did that fancy airfoil shaping of the foamboard with a hot iron :) .It, the power pod and fuselage are ready to all be joined, but I'm having a tough time with imagining how I'll be accessing the battery. Do you guys pop the whole power pod out of the body to connect the lipo? DIY'd a hatch underneath the posterboard or something?

It would be great if those of you who still have a flying Chipmunk 1.1 to take some pics of your setup. I'd be really curious to see before i commit and join all of that with the hot glue.

Thanks!