nnDLG

flyboa

Elite member
I have built 30", 40", 50", and 60" folded wing DLG with out spars with out any failures. The big DLG are a bit tricky to get dialed in but I am still trying.

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
Good flight, I'm glad you are testing again.

I rebuilt my 1.5m DLG for the third time. Changed tail, shortened tail moment, removed rudder servo, increased dihedral, and changed fuse. It flies great in calm air.

IMG_0696.JPG

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Nic, is that an old video? I thought you were up to a beta 6 or something like that. Regardless that's a pretty good flight. Were you using a launch mode?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
It is old. I was looking at old footage and realized I never posted it.

I do have a flight mode set but this was in the early stage of testing, cg isn't even right here.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hot stuff! I was watching for this! Now it's time to build.
For me this is a great next step from Chuck Glider to powered Flight.

flyboa

Elite member
After removing the rudder I seem to get better launches. My micro servo might not be strong enough to handle the launch load very well. Not using any preset.

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
March 1st 2017 - BETA 6
Qa1jXjm.png

- Increased length of tail boom
- Increased size of tail feathers
- Tail feathers now interlock
- Reduced length of nose and simplified design
- Added channel for wing carbon to sit imbedded in bottom wing
- Changed airfoil shape and thickness, now only 11mm thick

Beta plans can be found at http://www.nerdnic.com/beta

flyboa

Elite member
Nerdnic what is the root and tip cord length you are using? I increased my root cord on my new build to 7.5" and will see how it flies soon.

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Nic, did you ever get a chance to fly the V.6? I'm eagerly awaiting results. BTW, do you think that a 3D printed launch peg is at all possible? I know that there are a lot of guys that use fancy contoured pegs that are supposedly a lot more comfortable, but they're all carbon and a little pricey.

Claire

Man your so cool, thank you so much for your effort to share this to everyone. Now this would be a helpful information for all of us we can now build our own design of RC plane. Without costing too much of our money.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nerdnic what is the root and tip cord length you are using? I increased my root cord on my new build to 7.5" and will see how it flies soon.

I'll measure for you next time I'm in front of my PC. I picked up some spider line to test with also.