No Audio on embedded video on FT site?

TimmyGT

Anyone else having this problem? It started a couple of days ago and it doesn't happen on any other sites I visit with embedded vids...weird

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
It's working fine for me - video and audio.
On a related note, I tried out the new Spartan browser in the Windows 10 technical preview.
The FliteTest site rendered horribly. I'm sure it was the new browser.
I hope they fix it before the release this summer.

Best regard,
PCH

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Embedded Youtube videos?

I think Youtube is switching to HTML5 video instead of flash slowly. That might be a reason if your browser doesn't support all the required codecs, etc.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
A few times I went to watch a YouTube video and it was on mute for some reason. Is YouTube muting it? Or is it just not working?

hawkO_O

with youtube if youve muted a vid previously .. somtimes all the vids after will remain muted unless you unmute first... but the next one you open should be fine after unmuteing once

tho if your haveing problems you might want to try updateing your codecs... some might be out of date if you dont do it regular .. personaly im not haveing problems tho.. im useing firefox tho .. i dunno bout other brousers

rc808

Muted audio on the latest chrome / android. Works fine directly on youtube but embeds on this site have no audio suddenly. Hope that helps narrow it down. Might need a plugin update on the site?