No more taping plans together for me!

Widkin

I may have to do some more experiments then. I may try the stock viggen plans just to see if it will work on mine. But I've seen mine do really goofy things as far as portrait/landscape (like trying to print a landscape print as portrait even if I had it set as landscape) so I didn't really expect it to be able to print longer than the set sheet sizes even though it's set to roll...I may be wrong and just didn't have my tests setup right.

Bummer is it's a real pain for me to do a lot of tests now since the printer is a physically separate building than all my computers so it's kind of tricky to cancel a print job that goes south now :D

And even so I'd still prefer my customized prints since they use less paper. But it would be good to know if there is a way I can trick this thing into printing longer than it thinks it can since it is printing on a roll.

Interresting read, this thread. I really admire the skill it takes to fix up old machines like these.

One thought on how you can solve the printer-in-the-other-building problem: Use Teamviewer on a laptop, tablet or even a phone to remotely control your workstation from right beside the printer. :)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Interresting read, this thread. I really admire the skill it takes to fix up old machines like these.

Thanks, I've never tried to fix a printer before. But it was all fairly obvious simple electronics stuff. If there had been something wrong on one of the logic boards I'd have been out of luck. Thankfully the rat didn't get to those :D

One thought on how you can solve the printer-in-the-other-building problem: Use Teamviewer on a laptop, tablet or even a phone to remotely control your workstation from right beside the printer. :)

Wouldn't help. The Printer is just hooked to a wifi bridge by itself, no workstation or other computer out there with it. I could setup my FPV rig so I can monitor it while it prints...but that's kind of overkill :D

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Just sold the Plotter. All funds going toward my trip to OH for FTFF. Probably will not use it all either :)