Noob from the North

olphart

Hello from the Great White North, though I'm pretty much right across the lake from Flite Test Central.
Got intrigued by the Nano Flerken and was building it when I realized that building and flying full sized aircraft does NOT prepare me for flying rc aircraft. So I switched over to the Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer. Love the foam board construction. Genius engineering! We'll see how flying goes once I'm all set up.
Here's my building history:

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_0100_00.jpg
    100_0100_00.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2018-07-10 09.06.09.jpg
    2018-07-10 09.06.09.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-08-01 11.03.11.jpg
    2019-08-01 11.03.11.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hello from the Great White North, though I'm pretty much right across the lake from Flite Test Central.
Got intrigued by the Nano Flerken and was building it when I realized that building and flying full sized aircraft does NOT prepare me for flying rc aircraft. So I switched over to the Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer. Love the foam board construction. Genius engineering! We'll see how flying goes once I'm all set up.
Here's my building history:
I'm glad to hear someone else say what I've been thinking. I've found it harder to fly and especially land an RC plane than a real one. The good news is that the consequences of cratering a foam board plane are much less painful. :)

Nice planes, BTW.

olphart

The good news is that the consequences of cratering a foam board plane are much less painful. :)

Yup
Not as bad as it looks. A few cracked ribs and sternum. A guy in Dayton is gonna put her back in the air
20210703_093739.jpg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
yup, That's me wishing I'd paid more attention to the xwind gusts.
Glad you were fixable! Foam board is much less painful. Believe it or not the mighty mini DR1 is a pretty good plane after the tiny trainer, robust and a fun flier. Welcome to the madness!!