Odd issue with new quad.

Well, odd to me at least. I'm hoping someone out there has seen this before.

Electronics on the quad:
Naze32 rev6 Full version.
30A ESCs from Readytoflyquads.com http://www.readytoflyquads.com/f-30a-fire-red-normal-esc-with-rapidesc-fw-for-multirotor
Turnigy Multistar 4225-610KV motors http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...e_Multi _Rotor_Outrunner.html?strSearch=4225
FrSky D4R-II receiver.

I calibrated my accelerometer and magnetometer, then used the motors section of Clreanflight to calibrate the ESCs. The motors are exhibiting the behavior shown in the video below. It's not always the same one that stops. If I'm trying to run them with the throttle on my radio, they will spin up, then one, sometimes two of them will stop. But if I run them up using the motor sliders in Cleanflight, they work just fine. Also, if I run them singly without the FC in the equation they work fine. I also have a 4-way splitter from a Q-Brain and if I plug them all into that and bypass the FC, they work fine. Naturally, I bought all of this over a year ago, and haven't finished the quad until now. Well, the FC is new.

Any suggestions?

I just dug up enough servo extensions to plug them into the FC on my 250 and they do the same thing there. But if it's a Cleanflight setup issue, that stands to reason, because I copied the settings from that one into this one.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Is the quad in level mode? If so when you throttle up with the TX the quad will want to level itself, but since it is on a table it can not. Eventually it will reach the point where one motor stops because the FC is trying so hard to get that side to lower.

It's a nice machine. Hope you get it flying soon.

Yeah. I just figured that out. I decided to see if my mini did the same thing and it does. Now to put everything back together and go get the first flight jitters taken care of...

LOL. I'm slightly scared of this one...

My biggest quad before this was a 450 DJI clone.
This is the first one that uses 4S.
By far the heaviest at 1.8kg.
12-inch carbon fiber saw blades...errr....props...

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Glad you got it figured out. Now time to get it in the air.

I've been flying my TBS Disco with 10" carbon props lately and up close yeah it's kinda scary. Farther away though it is a real docile machine. At least when I'm not in acro mode that is. I find my miniquads to be far more scary because they can bank and fly towards you at far greater speeds.

jipp

that is a nice machine.. looks like it would be good for a AP machine.. im still not sure what frame i want for my AP..

i know i want at least 600-700mm.. iv been looking at the tarot 680 pro.. but i did find a 600 tricopter that takes the parts of the 680 pro.

so i bought a trifecta from HK with there 17.00 sale to see if i like how tris fly.. if i do i think ill make a larger AP tricopter.

chris.

Neon_and_Alien2sm.jpg

Looks like one of my props may be a little unbalanced... ;)

Jipp: The frame is the Alien 560 from HK. It's on sale right now too, but only available through their international warehouse.

And she survived her maiden flight just fine. It's a bit windy outside, and I forgot to put the memory card back in my Mobius. Irritating, because I wanted to see how well that gimbal does. And I'm pretty sure it's got enough power to haul at least one of my cats around. Hovered at 25-30% throttle.