OMPHobby 60 Inch Edge 540 - First Impressions Overview

TJ_Williams

Do the words balsa and pnp do anything for ya?

Donnie joins us in this episode as we get our hands on the OMPHobby 60" Edge 540 fresh out of the factory!
This is the first of a 3 part series where we get to know the Edge!
Episode 2 will be the Build from start to finish!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Oh man.... must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Man.. Think I now have a goal to shoot for training on the FT edge 540.

They look like they are rock solid on the build. that Kevlar / carbon added to the wood makes me think it could take a pretty serious crash before it explodes across the field.

And that green tho...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh man.... must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already. must remind myself how many flyers I have already.

TJ_Williams

Lolol. And yeah I didnt put much flying at all in this video but if you skip around jump to the end to get a glimpse of the Chinese team ripping it up. I keep saying lots of cool stuff is coming from omp but man I'm excited.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Lolol. And yeah I didnt put much flying at all in this video but if you skip around jump to the end to get a glimpse of the Chinese team ripping it up. I keep saying lots of cool stuff is coming from omp but man I'm excited.

I'm no fan of commercialized air craft as too many things get sacrificed in the name of profit. So far though I like what you have presented with their equipment and engineering. Will have to see how that holds up long term as we know the world changes quickly on specialty things like our hobby presents. Keep up the good work I really like these video and as I said not such a huge fan of mass produced aircraft so I dont watch too many of them any more.

OliverW

Legendary member
I'm no fan of commercialized air craft as too many things get sacrificed in the name of profit. So far though I like what you have presented with their equipment and engineering. Will have to see how that holds up long term as we know the world changes quickly on specialty things like our hobby presents. Keep up the good work I really like these video and as I said not such a huge fan of mass produced aircraft so I dont watch too many of them any more.
Honestly the faux carbin fiber on everything makes the plane more rigid, but does nothing in a crash. 3D and XA planes in general are built super light but able to take a whole bunch of G's

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Honestly the faux carbin fiber on everything makes the plane more rigid, but does nothing in a crash. 3D and XA planes in general are built super light but able to take a whole bunch of G's

It doesn't add "flex" without snapping like I think it would?

TJ_Williams

As someone that is 'new' when it comes to these type of planes, what makes Kevlar framing like this 'faux carbon fiber'?

TJ_Williams

I meant like the look it has to it. Sorry for the inconvenience
Ah I wasn't sure. That's why I bring in a guy that knows what he's talking about instead of trying to fake it hah.
To me I thought the same though. Adda a ton of ridgidness to the airframe for a more accurate flying experience but a crash is a crash.

OliverW

Legendary member
Ah I wasn't sure. That's why I bring in a guy that knows what he's talking about instead of trying to fake it hah.
To me I thought the same though. Adda a ton of ridgidness to the airframe for a more accurate flying experience but a crash is a crash.
I found that the 60" size of 3D plane always flys well, but they build them light as a feather so when they crash... they really crash 😬😬😅