Mini Edge 540 Build

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Here’s the progress I made over the weekend! I might not be able to work on it till next week though. I did come across some minor details that I’ll go over in a future post.
AA99F8F7-3E11-4123-B585-6B0CFB54B994.jpeg

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I still need to hook up the servo linkages on the ailerons, get the hatch figured out (I built it a little wrong and it isn’t fitting well) and landing gear and the side force generators, and she’ll be ready to fly! There might a possible maiden opportunity on Thursday, cause there’s supposed to be about 8 mph winds. More than I’d like for a mini and especially a maiden, but it’s the best shot I think for a while. Here is a pic next to my mini mustang for size comparison.
2CCF2D49-8985-4A29-BC09-1003F3CF41CC.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just weighed it, and my estimated weight with a 1000 mah 3s is 500 grams. Not bad imo! @mayan haw much did yours weigh - 750 grams? I’m thinking the B pack will be enough for this bird for sure - I’m pretty sure it puts out more than 500 grams of thrust!

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Here’s the progress I made over the weekend! I might not be able to work on it till next week though. I did come across some minor details that I’ll go over in a future post. View attachment 153341
Is that out of 3mm FB? That actually looks amazing :). Cleaner than my builds.

If yours flies good I might build one😀
It flys faster than the original one that’s for sure.

I just weighed it, and my estimated weight with a 1000 mah 3s is 500 grams. Not bad imo! @mayan haw much did yours weigh - 750 grams? I’m thinking the B pack will be enough for this bird for sure - I’m pretty sure it puts out more than 500 grams of thrust!
Mine with the c pack weighed around 550g. The b pack had a crazy torque and would just roll to its death. The c pack with this setup is strong enough to handle winds so don’t worry about those. The b pack could work I know it just didn’t find the right setup for it, if you do please post it here and help me wrap up this project. Seeing you build it actually makes me want to rebuild one myself :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Is that out of 3mm FB? That actually looks amazing :). Cleaner than my builds.

It flys faster than the original one that’s for sure.

Mine with the c pack weighed around 550g. The b pack had a crazy torque and would just roll to its death. The c pack with this setup is strong enough to handle winds so don’t worry about those. The b pack could work I know it just didn’t find the right setup for it, if you do please post it here and help me wrap up this project. Seeing you build it actually makes me want to rebuild one myself :).
Thanks! I just read through several pages of the thread and I think I can get the weight down to 450 grams. I’m not sure why the b motor would have more torque than the c motor... Anyways the b motor is pretty permanently in there, so I hope I can get it to fly good!

mayan

Legendary member
Thanks! I just read through several pages of the thread and I think I can get the weight down to 450 grams. I’m not sure why the b motor would have more torque than the c motor... Anyways the b motor is pretty permanently in there, so I hope I can get it to fly good!
Did you use a x mount? If so swapping out the motor should be easy :).