One Down, One to Go

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Will the close up come back or will that always need glasses? I just turned 44 and I'm noticing my near vision is giving up. I was always nearsighted since childhood but now I can't focus inside of 8 or 9 inches. It hits me unexpectedly in little ways that I used to take for granted...

Get ready, between 44 and 54 my left eye went from 8" to 8' or more. Right eye went to 6' minimum focus range. In my late 30's I could read nearly microscopic print (surface mount components) at 3" from my face!

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Get ready, between 44 and 54 my left eye went from 8" to 8' or more. Right eye went to 6' minimum focus range. In my late 30's I could read nearly microscopic print (surface mount components) at 3" from my face!

Thurmond
Yeah, I used to be able to do that and now I'm finding the same thing.
Ustacould see, now I cain't...
Roy will just have to take up our slack, Thurmond!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Yea these days I need glasses to even see surface mount components and a jewelers magnifier and bright light to read them. :(

On the bright side though those images that I blow up for my computer screen that are highly pixilated look great without my glasses.

Thurmond

RoyBro

Mentor
UPDATE : Today I went in for the 1 week followup for my left eye and pre-op for my right. Everything is going well. But I very much feel in limbo. I can't see well enough to fly, yet my near vision is compromised because of the surgery. So I don't feel much like doing any close work.
Only one more week to go. Sigh.

RoyBro

Mentor
Thanks Gary,
Sorry for being maudlin, but it was such a beautiful day for flying and I had the day off.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I've been getting some flying in but have been on a tree abuse run this week for some reason. I have gotten them all back and with no damage to speak of but I've only put one other plane in a tree out here in 6 months previous...been that kind of week.

Can't complain though, I have been flying...