Online tissue sources?

GliderFlyer

Elite member
My LHS does not have tissue paper for model airplanes in stock. I have been looking online for a while, but most order have to be a minimum of $10 and shipping adds another $10.
Is there anywhere online where I can buy $0.50 worth of tissue paper with shipping at a reasonably low price?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
My LHS does not have tissue paper for model airplanes in stock. I have been looking online for a while, but most order have to be a minimum of $10 and shipping adds another $10.
Is there anywhere online where I can buy $0.50 worth of tissue paper with shipping at a reasonably low price?
I don't know if they have any but you can try brodak (I think that's how it's spelled), SIG, or your local dollar store.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Thank you both for your suggestions. But last time I was at the hobby shop, they said that they would order some to put back in stock. So I think that I will wait a few weeks and save $10.
On the other hand, I was also considering buying some doculam as a tissue alternative. I recently discovered that Aloft Hobbies has decently low shipping (in my location). They also sell it by length, so I won't need to pay for 250'.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
You might visit the birthday party section of a local store.
I forgot to mention in the first post that I want to avoid using tissue paper that is meant for gifts, because it is heavier and is not as strong when wet. But if it does come down to that, then I may have no other choice. However I am starting to become more interested in the doculam alternative. It is cheaper and easier to come by