Opterra 1.2 Setup.

Tabdy

I'm setting up my new Opterra 1.2 with my DX8. I'm pretty complete now, I think. Whilst the aileron movement in roll seems very adequate, when I move the stick back I'm getting minimal combined elevator movement from the ailerons or flaperons. Is this to be expected. How can I increase this movement without affecting roll.

Tabdy

I've purchased an Opterra S+ 1.2m. I operate from a fairly confined site so I purchased an Aerostar RVS ESC from Hobby king, which matches the ESC supplied with the Opterra but gives a reverse function and should allow me to make a much steeper approach to land.
It now seems to me that I can't use it because the A3235 flight controller installed in the Opterra does not have a spare channel which I need to allow me to switch the motor direction. Am I correct on this? Is there a way round this without having to sacrifice any of the S+ facilities installed. Is there an alternative flight controller with more capacity which could replace the existing A3235.
I would be very grateful for some advice in this.

Timmy

Legendary member
I'm not sure that very many people know about this subject unfortunately. Including me.