Patriotic Mini Telemaster

Turbojoe

Elite member
I looked through old e-mails and It looks like I bought this kit and built the fuse in 2007. A month or so ago I hacked the main gear out of it to go with trike gear then changed my mind and repaired all the damage I did and went back to a tail dragger. I NEVER said I was smart! :rolleyes:

I finally got started on the wing and decided it had to have ailerons. Then flaps. Problem was I didn't have enough of the same size aileron stock to do the ailerons and flaps the same size and NOBODY carries aileron stock local. Soooo I end up with slightly larger flaps. No big deal Just took some slight reworking. After all the mods I did for some dumb reason I decided to stay old school and mount the wing with rubber bands instead of bolts. Again, I never said I was smart and am kicking myself. In any case she's all ready to go. She's a bit of a porker at 24.2 ounces A.U.W. with a 3S 1800 mah pack but the Scorpion 2212-22 is giving me 140 watts so I think she'll do just fine. If I need more I just got a Scorpion 2215-18 that'll rip the wings off of her at 210 watts.

I've done nothing but work on airplanes for the last few weeks and I'm just "plane" burned out. After putting the finishing touch stars on the little TeleMaster I figured what better day for a maiden than July 4th? It's 114 degrees right now and won't be getting much better anytime soon. I'm hoping to get up at sunrise on the 4th and maiden the TeleMaster and the big Q-Tee that has been waiting its turn to see air. I'd still like to get the TeleMaster 40 covered and flown after way more than 10 years but we'll see. :unsure:
Top view.JPG
Top view.JPG
Flaps down.JPG
3D 049.JPG

Joe

OliverW

Legendary member
I looked through old e-mails and It looks like I bought this kit and built the fuse in 2007. A month or so ago I hacked the main gear out of it to go with trike gear then changed my mind and repaired all the damage I did and went back to a tail dragger. I NEVER said I was smart! :rolleyes:

I finally got started on the wing and decided it had to have ailerons. Then flaps. Problem was I didn't have enough of the same size aileron stock to do the ailerons and flaps the same size and NOBODY carries aileron stock local. Soooo I end up with slightly larger flaps. No big deal Just took some slight reworking. After all the mods I did for some dumb reason I decided to stay old school and mount the wing with rubber bands instead of bolts. Again, I never said I was smart and am kicking myself. In any case she's all ready to go. She's a bit of a porker at 24.2 ounces A.U.W. with a 3S 1800 mah pack but the Scorpion 2212-22 is giving me 140 watts so I think she'll do just fine. If I need more I just got a Scorpion 2215-18 that'll rip the wings off of her at 210 watts.

I've done nothing but work on airplanes for the last few weeks and I'm just "plane" burned out. After putting the finishing touch stars on the little TeleMaster I figured what better day for a maiden than July 4th? It's 114 degrees right now and won't be getting much better anytime soon. I'm hoping to get up at sunrise on the 4th and maiden the TeleMaster and the big Q-Tee that has been waiting its turn to see air. I'd still like to get the TeleMaster 40 covered and flown after way more than 10 years but we'll see. :unsure: View attachment 172821 View attachment 172821 View attachment 172822 View attachment 172823

Joe
She's beautiful Joe! Well done!

TooJung2Die

Master member
That's a striking color scheme and very appropriate for a July 4th maiden flight. Do you print those motor mounts yourself? They look great!

Turbojoe

Elite member
Thanks guys. I did 3D print the faux .049 from THIS file from Thingiverse. It's not as pretty as the smaller ones from Willy Nillies but it looks fine with a little craft paint from a foot or two away. I created and printed the wing dihedral brace, servo mount plate and some hatch handles too that aren't seen in the pictures. I can't seem to build a plane anymore without 3D printing at least something. ;)

One thing I've noted over the years is that once in a while while building and just handling a plane before I even fly it I get this "feeling" it's going to be a special flyer like the Telemaster 40, Goldberg Eaglet 50, Mike Molt/Mountain Models Tyro 150 and the MM SwitchBack are just a couple of planes that I'll never be without. This could be one of them. Call it a sixth sense if you will. I'm really looking forward to the 4th of July now. I know it's going to be blazing hot no matter what. I just hope the winds cooperate.

Joe

slowjo

Master member

I've done nothing but work on airplanes for the last few weeks and I'm just "plane" burned out. After putting the finishing touch stars on the little TeleMaster I figured what better day for a maiden than July 4th? It's 114 degrees right now and won't be getting much better anytime soon. I'm hoping to get up at sunrise on the 4th and maiden the TeleMaster and the big Q-Tee that has been waiting its turn to see air. I'd still like to get the TeleMaster 40 covered and flown after way more than 10 years but we'll see. :unsure: View attachment 172821 View attachment 172821 View attachment 172822 View attachment 172823

Joe
that is beautiful I especially like ur motor er engine??? is that a hybrid :)

Turbojoe

Elite member
Shoot! Even though it's crazy hot I was hoping the wind would let up a little bit so I could knock out the maiden. No such luck. Tomorrow looks just as windy at 15 mph+. The heat is bad enough but monsoon season officially started June 15 too. Luckily it has only been windy so far. No dust storms and drenching rain yet. It may be October before I get another chance to fly. Our summers are kinda like winter for you guys in the far north. Bummer. :cry:

Joe