Plan Printing

jabbey71

I'm new to the foamboard world and I don't have a printer. So I'm going to download the plans and head over to my closet Staples or Office Depot to have them printed out. My question is I see the tiled plans and they are to be taped together and then glued onto poster board for templates but what's the difference between the All IN ON and Full Size. Which set of plans would be the best to have printed at either of the two locations listed above. Thanks.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Tiled plans are laid out to be printed on home printers and the sheets assembled to make the whole plan.

Full size plans are just laid out. With a large enough printer, you won't have to tile papers and tape them together.

All in one plans have both tiled and full sized plans in the same file.

You can take the full size plans to the printing place and see what they can do. Check the scale before you accept the prints.

jabbey71

Ok, should the scale be 100 percent or just measure the scale bar.
Tiled plans are laid out to be printed on home printers and the sheets assembled to make the whole plan.

Full size plans are just laid out. With a large enough printer, you won't have to tile papers and tape them together.

All in one plans have both tiled and full sized plans in the same file.

You can take the full size plans to the printing place and see what they can do. Check the scale before you accept the prints.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The All In One plans have the tiled AND the full size pages :). If you want them to be printed on a large sheet, get the full size and save some time since you don't have to puzzle them together. If it's cheaper to print the tiled pages and you want to save a buck, use those.

It's very important that they don't scale the plans. Maybe have them print one page first and use a ruler to check that they are ok. The plans have markings on them in inches and cm.

Winglet

Oh, and if you print out the tiled plans no need to glue them to poster board really. It isn't that hard to just use the paper. Simply tape them together. Make sure you DO NOT use the fit to page option on your printer.

jabbey71

Ok, tip appreciated.. Thanks.
Oh, and if you print out the tiled plans no need to glue them to poster board really. It isn't that hard to just use the paper. Simply tape them together. Make sure you DO NOT use the fit to page option on your printer.