Plans Ideas for 1306 4000kv motor and heavy 100gr 3S 1000mAh Lipo???

Jvitico

Hello guys...

I would like to know from more experienced builders.... Ideas for foam or cardbox wing or plane, in order to use with my current gear...

1 or 2 Emax RS1306 4.000kv motors with close to 350gr of Thrust each.
2 9gr servos..(all I have for now)

And from my quads...
1000mAh 3S lipo (100gr)

I would appreciate any ideas...

I already tried with the pizza box fliying wing, but not luck at all to get it on air...

Thanks from Chile.

IMG_20180620_104714.jpg

Namactual

Elite member
You should be able to make something with that battery if you use both motors. A twin engine design.

Maybe a Super Bee? You would have to modify it to work on elevons. They also have FT Mini Sparrow if you have a radio capable of V-Tail mixing. Also the twin motor wing, I think it's the dart?

Try-n-glide

Back in the old, old days (80s) before Flitetest, before the internet, my flying buddy and I tried making cardboard planes with cox .049 engines. They barely flew. We weren't too sophisticated back then, but my guess is the weight of the cardboard (along with that heavy batt) is just too much for a low power setup. I would try your same design with Dollar Tree foam board and maybe even add a bit more wing area (easy enough to add a cm or 2 to both top and bottom before you cut it). If that doesn't work you aren't out much, and I bet a lighter battery would work perfectly if it doesn't. Or just build a twin.

Also if this is your first plane moving from quads IMO a wing is going to be a steeper learning curve than a traditional plane.

And make darn sure the CG is right or it will never fly no matter what your skills may be. Calc: https://fwcg.3dzone.dk

Jvitico

Back in the old, old days (80s) before Flitetest, before the internet, my flying buddy and I tried making cardboard planes with cox .049 engines. They barely flew. We weren't too sophisticated back then, but my guess is the weight of the cardboard (along with that heavy batt) is just too much for a low power setup. I would try your same design with Dollar Tree foam board and maybe even add a bit more wing area (easy enough to add a cm or 2 to both top and bottom before you cut it). If that doesn't work you aren't out much, and I bet a lighter battery would work perfectly if it doesn't. Or just build a twin.

Also if this is your first plane moving from quads IMO a wing is going to be a steeper learning curve than a traditional plane.

And make darn sure the CG is right or it will never fly no matter what your skills may be.

Thanks man... I'm too from the days with my Futaba 72mhz... Channel 21 and a wonderfull balsa Cherokee with a 0.51 Super Tigre.

And what you have said it's right... My current lipos are too heavy, because in the past months I have been just with quads...

Now I want to start again with planes... Thoses old good days when we flown just LOS...

I definitely will try with foam board.. And probably twin motor...

Thanks a lot again.