Plea for help, San Jose, CA

LocalHero

I have kind of a wild request. I am visiting my parents in San Jose for the week. While I was unable to bring any planes, I managed to pack my Taranis+ and a nano QX. In our rush to leave the house, I forgot my OrangeRX module! Blast!

I had been hoping to show my dad how much fun this quad is and get him hooked on RC like me. He already owns a v911, but broke it and has a part on order. In the mean time, we have nothing to fly.

If anyone in the Bay Area has a spare module for me to buy/borrow for the week, I would be more than greatful. I would also love to meet up with any Flite Test fans, even just to chat and watch you burn through a few batteries.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but hey... Crazier things have happened.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I don't personally know anyone who has that module, but bayrc is your best bet.

When are you headed back home? I fly out of baylands in Sunnyvale often.

LocalHero

nerdnic, I was kind of hoping you would respond! I have a ton of respect for your awesome planes. I don't feel comfortable asking for a favor on a forum I've never posted on like bayrc. We will be going back to TX on Friday or Saturday. If you're flying any time this week, it would be awesome to see some of your planes and talk shop.

I don't necessarily need that module, if I can borrow someone's spektrum radio. It's either borrow or go to a local shop and spend $60 on a transmitter I don't need and hope I can sell it on CL.

ruud

If you haven't found something yet, you're welcome to borrow my old DX6i for the week. Send a PM to arrange things.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I'm not sure if I can make it out during the week but if you're still in town on Saturday maybe we can then.