Solved Please HELP Programming Flaps For Cub S+ On DXe

alejo048814

Hi
Do somebody knows how you program the flaps for a Cub S+ on a DXe by PC Who can give me some advice?
I’m trying on my PC setting them to work on the Flaps switch and i can’t get them to work, i don’t know if i’m doing something wrong but they can’t seem to move.
Only thing i’m setting is the “L” on 0% and the “R” on 100%, the rest is on default..
Servo is on CH 7/Aux 2
And there’s nothing showing how on google nor in youtube
Can someone give me some light please? 👍🏻
I’m about to pull out my hair and hit my head to the wall 🥵

image.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Actually I just checked the online manual and it says that the dxe is not compatible with the flaps.
F8B3C2AB-9F51-429E-9153-0AD26E80E70A.jpeg

alejo048814

Actually I just checked the online manual and it says that the dxe is not compatible with the flaps.
View attachment 172907
They don’t work but they talk about the DXeA, the one who come with the RTF.
Mine is the real commercial DXe 7 to 9 CH, and comes with a flaps switch and one extra aux on front, i think i’ve seen people using it on it on youtube with flaps and all, and the one that comes with it doesn’t even can be configured by PC, don’t know what happens
image.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t have a dxe or a carbon cub so my info is limited to the stuff on the internet. I hope that somebody can help you out with this! Also, call horizon hobby. If your switch is broken for some reason they should be able to help out.

alejo048814

I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t have a dxe or a carbon cub so my info is limited to the stuff on the internet. I hope that somebody can help you out with this! Also, call horizon hobby. If your switch is broken for some reason they should be able to help out.
Yeah i get you man, really appreciate your interest in helping me, thank you 🤙🏻💯

Bricks

Master member
. On your DXe in the set up page is there a place to choose wing type and if so does it show a wing with flaps? Since it seems this plane uses Aux 2 for flaps can you check the screen and see if the switch controlling Aux2 is showing the right switch. You may have to designate the flap switch to control flaps.

I do not own a DXe but stuff I have read about it, it seems you can go to Spektrums web site and download the software to enable flaps which should have all the settings done for just about every Horizon plane.

Last edited:

alejo048814

Did you go to Spektrums web sight to see if you can down load the setup for the Sport Cub S.
It’s a 7 to 9CH, 7 at it’s base, but tank you man appreciate your help
Did you go to Spektrums web sight to see if you can down load the setup for the Sport Cub S.
It will work o a cub S +? Why the Cub S?
Cuz this morning i tried to put the Cub S + and then i had to reset on the programmer sofware, (Cuz when i did it it unbinded and din’t wanna bind again) after i did it on the updater software, and i don’t know if it keeped it cuz i don’t se any picture (Did an update and put in the cub S+ set up file) don’t know which stayed and wich was lost)
The cub S cames with flaps Ready to ues already or something Or you mean the S+? And shoud i do that procedure in any special order to keep the s+ setup file and photo and all?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i have that DXe and i know that flaps at least work on the simulator using that switch. it's automatically programmed. i unfortunately have never flown a plane with flaps using this tx, i have better Tx's and obviously use them.

from you first pics i would try and drop your "Left" setting down to -100% and see what happens. flaps servos are a little diff in that they start at one end, then finish at the other. it is not "centered." if you are not going all the way from -100 to 100 that might be the issue?

best guess,

me :cool:

alejo048814

i have that DXe and i know that flaps at least work on the simulator using that switch. it's automatically programmed. i unfortunately have never flown a plane with flaps using this tx, i have better Tx's and obviously use them.

from you first pics i would try and drop your "Left" setting down to -100% and see what happens. flaps servos are a little diff in that they start at one end, then finish at the other. it is not "centered." if you are not going all the way from -100 to 100 that might be the issue?

best guess,

me :cool:
Aaaahh alright mann i’m gonna try right now and see what happens, i don’t need the cub S+ set up file to see the picture and all and for that? Cuz it was like creating copies when i put the file and then had to bind againg.. (connected it said to it to keep the device setting instead of PC’s) and made a new one without name and left the one with the file in the pile. 👍🏻