Polaris, FT mini style

menus666

1705067891497.png

where goes this pontoon??

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Thanks @AIRFORGE! I can’t remember if I did 3 or 4. It’s just for looks. Did you fly yours yet?
Only successful low throttle glide tests, so far. Has been wet, and now it's way too windy here. We have a freeze headed our way tomorrow that's going to last into midweek. Hope to try to fly after that.
I built two and I'll be making two more for a friend. I've made a few changes...mostly marks/tabs/slots for alignment, mounted the aileron servos inside the fuse under the hatch in holes in the wing, changed the nose a bit, added magnets to the hatch.

Attachments

• P1.png
    P1.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P2.png
    P2.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 0

menus666

Have 2 other questions : Where the wire go from the power pod to the fuselage ??
Where go the 2 black part on tthe plan??

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Have 2 other questions : Where the wire go from the power pod to the fuselage ??
Where go the 2 black part on tthe plan??
When you assemble the tail, it has a channel in the center for the wires. It exits into the fuse. You'll probably need to add an extension to them to reach the esc.
The black parts are the window templates for the sides of the fuse. Just add a piece between them for the front part of the window.

menus666

When you assemble the tail, it has a channel in the center for the wires. It exits into the fuse. You'll probably need to add an extension to them to reach the esc.
The black parts are the window templates for the sides of the fuse. Just add a piece between them for the front part of the window.
Thanks you very much

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
does this plane work well on water?
i believe the polaris is supposed to be a seaplane, but haven't seen any vids of this one on water

menus666

its me again with 2 other question
where the rudder servos goes?? pictuer plzz
the nose stay open or I close it with foam??

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
its me again with 2 other question
where the rudder servos goes?? pictuer plzz
the nose stay open or I close it with foam??
I put the rudder servo in the left side of the nacelle, and the elevator servo in the right side of the nacelle, different from the picture.
But, jpots pic shows the easiest way.
I modified and closed the nose (see attachments in post #72), but that's entirely up to you.

211757_2dee6832bbc3c55b7344a9d18a44f3ea.jpeg

Last edited: