Polaris, FT mini style

TB__RC

how bad is the tourqe from the motor?

I made a mini chuck glider out of 3mm Depron from the plans for some reason. I’m going to make the Rc one to
image.jpg

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Is the motor pod supposed to have this angle? Or did I do something wrong. View attachment 243141
No. The hole you have routed the wires through should be inside the motor pod/nacelle. The top of the verticle stab should be even and level with the top of the motor pod/nacelle. And the rear of the motor pod should line up with the rudder hinge.

TB__RC

No. The hole you have routed the wires through should be inside the motor pod/nacelle. The top of the verticle stab should be even and level with the top of the motor pod/nacelle.
But the top of the nacelle is even with the top of the fin
image.jpg

TB__RC

It was a very fun build and it flies so good! I put the servo for the ailerons on top so I can fly on water. It’s made out of packing tape covered Depron, It kinda needs a paint job too. All up weight is 462grams with 1300mah 3s battery and 2207 2450kv motor. It has a diverse speed range it can go fast and you can do some high alfa to slow it down on landing but the stall speed is pretty slow. Thanks for the plans!
IMG_3216.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
Glad you are enjoying it! Some day I may need to revisit and upsize it. I’ve already printed a fellow designers 3d printed version and it flys great although a bit heavy. The foam version would probably be half the weight.

IMG_0003.jpeg

Last edited: