Power Pod Motor Compatibility

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
What motors fit with power pods? Can I use a motor I have lying around in an ft firewall?
Just about any motor will fit. I have a 3536 motor on mine. You may need to drill some holes to make the mount fit.

mastermalpass

Elite member
Is that the Hobbyzone Carbon Cub? A quick google I've done says that's a 960kv motor, you can swing a pretty big prop with that (10 inch, maybe 11inch slowfly) - stick that on your power pod and you've got a power system to serve an FT Spitfire Swappable. :D

Raxaphone

Is that the Hobbyzone Carbon Cub? A quick google I've done says that's a 960kv motor, you can swing a pretty big prop with that (10 inch, maybe 11inch slowfly) - stick that on your power pod and you've got a power system to serve an FT Spitfire Swappable. :D
But will that motor fit in the firewall for the power pod?

mastermalpass

Elite member
If the motor came with it's little Metal X mount then hopefully, as it's a similar level as an FT standard, it should fit right on. Otherwise, you might be able to make the firewall fit the motor by drilling some holes - hopefully the holes that are already on the Firewall don't make it so you would be drilling new holes too close to them.

Otherwise, it won't be hard to cut a new Firewall for yourself from some 2mm or 3mm plywood - which is what I've always done, though it can sometimes take a couple of attempts to get the holes in the right places.