Product Questions

Av8Chuck

Hi, my first post. I'm hoping the folks at Flight test read this forum.

On their recent video they showed a detachable landing gear for multirotors but I didn't see it in the shop, is this available?

Also, I've never built or flown a tri-motor, looks great and I'm interested in learning more. I fly with a PixHawk, will that work with a Tri and how do you set it up?

I would also like to fly an AUW of about 15+ pounds using these motors with 15 props":
http://www.kdedirect.com/collections/xf-multi-rotor-brushless-motors/products/kde4215xf-465

Traditionally for these size motors I've been using 25mm CF tubing to accommodate larger motor mounts on a Y6. If I went with three, instead of six motors I'd have to go with slightly larger motors and 18" props. Would the "Tough Tilt Motor Mount" handle that? Any chance of making one that fits 25mm CF tubing?

Not sure if a Tri is the way to go with this much weight but I sure like how it flies and it looked like it was fund to fly. This is for a 3-axis gimbal and GH4.

Attachments

• _D6A9953-Edit.jpg
    _D6A9953-Edit.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 18

Bellke

Not sure why you're saying you can't fine the detachable landing gear, look under multirotor

The landing gear is not available yet. It sounds as if that's a new product they're still working the kinks out of and making sure the results are reproducible and solid. God knows I wouldn't want to ship something that isn't as stable or reliable as it could be, doubly so given people could be mounting fairly expensive gimbals and cameras on it.

I'm very interested because I'll probably build a couple different lower ends for different uses depending on what I'm doing. Definitely got my attention.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The landing gear/camera mount/battery holder you saw is almost ready to hit production. Eric has a few things he is cleaning up and then you will see it. If I understand eric right you will not be waiting long

Cad

First post here too and am looking to build tricopter. I was curious as to how much the wood booms weigh as opposed to aluminum c channel or square tubing.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
its not the weight of the aluminum tubes its the strength where you bolt things to it. with out having something in there to brace it could collapse

earthsciteach

The aluminum box tubing is very light and is quite strong. These work great for larger multis. The oak booms are heavier per length, but the extra weight is no issue for a small multi like the Electrohub. Pretty insignificant, in fact. Both are very inexpensive and easily replaced.

Cad

I was thinking about saving weight anywhere possible. As for the tubing, having wood inside at attachment points for strength. On Eric's tri he has the booms angled I take it for added stability?