Pushers & RH Rotation?

srfnmnk

Do pushers require right hand rotating propellers? Which way should the motor spin?

I'm wondering if the motor should go clockwise with LH rotation prop OR counter-clockwise with RH rotating prop. Is this right?

DDSFlyer

Just make sure the prop has the numbers facing forward and in the same direction as the motor spinning it...I'm not sure if that's right but that's what I do

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
writing points toward fresh air, prop spins toward the high side of the prop.

Not an issue really for brushless motors, since they can be run either direction without issue, but glow/nitro and brushed motors really need the pusher style prop so the motor can turn the designed direction.

srfnmnk

So does that mean that on a pusher with brushless motor there should be a LH prop on a clockwise spinning motor or should it still be CCW?

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
It doesn't matter. Get a prop (left- or right handed rotation doesn't matter), make sure the numbers are pointing towards the nose of the plane. Then, let it spin. If the thrust is in the wrong direction, switch any 2 of the 3 motor leads to run the motor in the other direction.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
The torque on the fuse is just in the opposite direction if you let your prop spin the other way. Since the airframe is symmetrical, it makes do difference in which way the torque is.

You're over-analyzing this. Build it, go out to fly it and have fun!