• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pushrods and Servo Placement?

I noticed that FT puts servos on the fuselage sides with the servo arms away from the sides. A bend in the pushrod isn't conducive to easy and free movement. If the servo was mounted a bit further away from the side say on two thicknesses of FB the servo arm could be located on the outside and the pushrods would be straight(er). A 1/8" plywood plate with cutouts for the servos would also work. Put a slot in the fuselage doubler to mount the plywood.

Ideas and suggestions appreciated!

Bricks

Not sure of which plane you are talking about but any FT plane I have built the push rods run straight. I have not built all of them so maybe there are a few. Many of my IC planes have servos mounted in the tail fuselage and they all run straight to the control surface..

Not sure of which plane you are talking about but any FT plane I have built the push rods run straight. I have not built all of them so maybe there are a few. Many of my IC planes have servos mounted in the tail fuselage and they all run straight to the control surface..

Two that I am going to build are the Simple Scout and Simple Stick. Both of these have curved push rods if you watch the build videos. I built an Explorer with the express purpose of testing the Aura 5 Flight Controller, and in the boom, one servo push rod curves over the other one. I redesigned that so both run straight, but alas, I buttoned it up before taking any good photos. Maybe I'll make another boom so I can take detailed photos.