Q: ON WATER PROFFING

I Just had a plane land in the snow and it toasted my esc, iv just watched the video that flite test did on water proffing but i dont have croation x But i do have camp dry will it work on electronic's ??

desert wings

Foam Fan
I have used Corrosion X successfully; I do not know how Camp Dry will perform.
From my experience with Corrosion X it is a hydrocarbon/petroleum based product that has three functions, 1) a penetrating corrosion inhibitor, 2) lubricant, 3) water displacer. I tried to look up the ingredients on the MSDS sheets but Corrosion X says their formula is "proprietary". The MSDS on Camp Dry shows propane, isobutane, zylene, and stoddard solvent. Based upon the ingredients I would guess Camp Dry is less damaging to fabric, leather, etc. but probably does not have the same level of coating and penetration as Corrosion X.

I would guess it wouldn't hurt, but you may not want to place to much reliance on it. I'll bet someone on the forums has experience with Camp Dry and will be able to chime in on this one.

I have used Corrosion X successfully; I do not know how Camp Dry will perform.
From my experience with Corrosion X it is a hydrocarbon/petroleum based product that has three functions, 1) a penetrating corrosion inhibitor, 2) lubricant, 3) water displacer. I tried to look up the ingredients on the MSDS sheets but Corrosion X says their formula is "proprietary". The MSDS on Camp Dry shows propane, isobutane, zylene, and stoddard solvent. Based upon the ingredients I would guess Camp Dry is less damaging to fabric, leather, etc. but probably does not have the same level of coating and penetration as Corrosion X.

I would guess it wouldn't hurt, but you may not want to place to much reliance on it. I'll bet someone on the forums has experience with Camp Dry and will be able to chime in on this one.

THANK YOU! I thank ill try it on a cheap servo first :)

Last edited: