Quadrotor Biplane VTOL + Plans

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Started prototyping the variable pitch hub for the big boy

In your final design make sure you are using thru hole bolts or roll pins to hold the blade grip shafts on both ends. Set screws will NOT be enough to secure them under rotation with the mass of the blades. They will self destruct with a quickness at some point should one ever loosen.

NickRehm

In your final design make sure you are using thru hole bolts or roll pins to hold the blade grip shafts on both ends. Set screws will NOT be enough to secure them under rotation with the mass of the blades. They will self destruct with a quickness at some point should one ever loosen.
Yup, just a mockup for figuring out the mechanics. Didn't have the time to drill out the pitching shafts buts that's in the works for next version

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Might wanna add notes like that in the videos so someone who does not understand all this stuff and happens across just the video and not the whole progression does not get the idea to copy things and get hurt or do other damage. After all specially here we have MANY young people now who are trying things others do and they may not know what we do about physics and mechanical principles.

NickRehm

Good point, I thought I mentioned I wouldn't be spinning this one up, but I guess never mentioned exactly why. Updated the video description

NickRehm

My buddy's been working on his mini version of the quad biplane:

Frame available for sale here: https://www.miniqbit.com/

I've already ordered/built mine. Tons of fun :)
IMG_6169.JPG