question for the old guys that were in the hobby in the 90's

GlassL

Guy's back in the old days when I first started in the hobby there was a company called Mutchler's Hobbies, Inc that advertised in the Model Aviation magazine from the AMA. In the upper left corner of their ad page they had a sexy looking delta wing plane called the JMII. Has anyone seen a set of plans or a kit of this plane? I always thought it was cool but never know if it was just a concept drawing for the ad page or a real plane. Just getting back in the hobby after 25 years intrigued by building a plane in a night using hot glue and foam board. Already built a tiny trainer and tried to dust off the cobwebs, already broke the two props that came with the power pack and waiting on a new supply.

Attachments

• JMII.jpg
    JMII.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
As a fellow "old guy", this looks similar to the Hobby King Prime Jet Pro

89239_1_high_6__5.jpg

Last edited:

GlassL

Is the prime jet pro a ducted fan model or a pusher prop and the props not shown? I definitely have a ways to go on stick time before attempting anything like that!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The FT Pun Jet is another one that is close.

Attachments

• flt-1024.jpg
    flt-1024.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0

Zetoyoc

Elite member
this looks like the real version of it.

tail reads miller JM-2

there seem to be a few models very similar called the pushy cat you could search for. sorry limited time at work today. :)

jm2 plane.jpg

GlassL

Cool ! that's it! So it was actually a real experimental plane they used as a logo. Wonder if there are any plans that the experimantal was made from. It looks like it might have been a kit. Thanks for finding that I tried to do a search and came up empty.

Piotrsko

Master member
Check outerzone. Their plans list is pretty thorough. If your google foo is outstanding, try doing a search for the builder or kit name or even tail number.

Hmmm. Apparently a pushy cat with a ducted fan.

GlassL

Did more searching and found it was a fomula 1 racing plane designed by Jim Miller Aviation in Texas in 1973 and crashed in Reno 1989. They use to sell plans and another yellow one was built by Miller and Bruce Bohannon called Pushy Galore in 1989 before the crash of the original. It would be cool to find a set of plans for the original kit. Sending me that picture helped me research more, thanks again Zetoyoc!

GlassL

Try this... Its named a tad different but looks exactly the same.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6118
Yes PsyBorg that is based on a second plane designed by the original builder Jim Miller and modified with Bruce Bohannon, They changed to tail and remover the cowling around the prop and was named Pushy Galore. I found a few videos of European RC airshows with that version flying so I know they made model version that was popular over the pond.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
between those plans and that original picture it should be easy to mod the plans to look like the picture.

skymaster

Elite member
how about this one. this is an actual prototype. says that it will be used as a pilot trainer.

Attachments

• CGTK7xgWsAAZogj.png
    CGTK7xgWsAAZogj.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pegasus.jpg
    Pegasus.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0

GlassL

Yes PsyBorg that is based on a second plane designed by the original builder Jim Miller and modified with Bruce Bohannon, They changed to tail and remover the cowling around the prop and was named Pushy Galore. I found a few videos of European RC airshows with that version flying so I know they made model version that was popular over the pond.
Here is a picture of the actual plane that model is based on.

Attachments

• Pushy-2-960.jpg
    Pushy-2-960.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 0

GlassL

how about this one. this is an actual prototype. says that it will be used as a pilot trainer.
Yeah that one looks like a update to the Pushy Galore version by Bohannon, it has the original tail but looks from the pictures like it has a more swept wing. The PDF plans PsyBorg found on Outerzone are a working version of the Pushy Galore plane.

Piotrsko

Master member
Until Jon Sharpe & Nemesis came along, formula 1 wasn't all the fuss it is today. The pushy cat series was pretty laid back as far as stability and handling issues, it just flew fairly fast and turned left well. The other upside was F1 was easy to build and cheap to race. Would be a fine advanced trainer.

2 ways to make the duct: take the outside paper off DTFB and roll it into a circle, find a thin plastic tub/bucket and cut off the bottom.