Questions about Spitfire Masterbuild

Bigeard

Hello all ,
i am asking quite a few questions on the forum as before I go ahead and buy either the masterbuild Corsair or Spitfire I want to make sure I have enough of the right information from experienced forum members to help make my choice ! First question would be which of the two is the best and easiest flying model ?
Especially with the Spitfire are there any good mods to make removable wings ? and indeed are there any other mods that will help strengthen the spitfire in certain areas such as cutting away or replacing foam with thin plywood to strengthen in case of bad landings ? Is it worth fitting a gyro ? In fact anything that may improve balance , weight , C of G etc .
Thanks .
M

mcmoyer

I'm not a very experienced builder as I've only got 3 planes under my belt now. I will say that of all 3 of my foamboard planes, MS Spitfire, FT Simple Stick, and 13th Squadron Zero, the Spitfire is massively affected by wind. I'm guessing it has something to do with all that wing area. It does have an AR630 in it as well. It's very light so I don't think you really need any more strengthening beyond the wood spar.

I would also be interested in seeing a removable wing mod. It's just a bit tight to get in my car.

I had to get a larger battery, a 4S 3300mAh, in order to get CG right on it.

On calm days, it's a beauty in flight.