questions about transmitters / recievers

truths

Hobby King just released the new 9XR PRO. $99 without module.

Thurmond

I just got mine. The new manuals for this radio make it possible for inexperienced flyers to use it. This is the first time, other than on the wiki, that anything of quality has been written for the novice. It has all the basic features and much more including telemetry. I'll write again when I have this up and running. This radio requires involvement so if you like to get into things, there's plenty there. It will function as a basic radio, though, without much fuss. Its odd to have so much functionality on the radio and not take advantage of dual rates, expo, voice, haptic, telemetry, limitless mixing possibilities, removable sd card and free firmware upgrades! I mean they could have included some sort of entertainment system. Wait a minute though. I still haven't tried to get audio tracks playing...probably could...mmmmm

Also, the new dsm modules will have a connection to the internal antenna, so that will be a very good thing. Its worth waiting to see what these new modules are like before jumping in too soon.

Anyone got any good suggestions as to tracks to play whilst flying? Lets start a new top of the pops (now that shows my age) for flying music! Styker time could be accompanied by "eye of the tiger"; "Bittersweat symphany" might be fun, Now I'm just rambling.