Questions concerning the #%@!& FPV rail system hardware

Fyathyrio

Right after I ordered my Dragonfly kit, the Y6 build vid was coincidentally released showing the new FPV rail system. Seeing how superior this setup was compared to other options I quickly ordered the long rail system. I modified the provided simple AP gear bits included with the Dragonfly with some additional wood and hardware store parts to make heli skid style legs like comes with the Y6...details here. Tonight, when I'm finally getting the chance to finish up my landing gear and install the rail system on the Dragonfly, I find that there isn't enough hardware to build it like Eric does in the Y6 vid...:mad: The kit only comes with 4 long bolts where 6 is required, and is also short a few locknuts.

One, does anybody know who makes this rail system so I can order some replacement hardware for future mods or replacing lost bits, and also can anyone confirm how many nuts/bolts ect are supposed to be included as the product description is lacking this basic information?

Really frustrated that I can't maiden my Dragonfly tonight over a couple proprietary bolts...even cheap Chinese kits include extra hardware!

Thanks,
Mark

HawkMan

Well the product picture shows what's included

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-x9hwh...ular2_Web__98678.1435945515.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Also they're not really proprietary nuts, they're standard rail nuts, maybe not so commonly known in this specific field, but anyone who's built electromechanical stuff will tecognize them. They use roude nuts here, But correct sized T nuts should work as well and can be drpped in without being slid from the end, just make sure they rotate properly when screwing them in.

Do you have any pictures of how you put it together ? the long bolts are used to attach to the drone frame and you shouldn't need more than 4.

For the landing gear, I believe you should be able to just slide some regular round end bolts that FT uses in there. makes them a bit more tricky to faste than T heads since they don't lock in the rail the same way, but it should work.

If not you can order correct sized T nuts or T head bolts from any place that sells rail systems, they're everywhere now with 3D printers and CNC machines for home use using them for everythign, should find them easy on ebay. or any store that sells DIY electromechanical stuff.

Fyathyrio

If they are so common, can you please provide a link cuz my Google-Fu is weak tonight it seems. Even McMaster-Carr doesn't have anything that will work. A standard round head bolt won't work even if it fits, the square head is what prevents it from turning when you tighten the nut. Yes, four attach the rails to the ElectroHub and two more attach the landing gear to the rails. They are only 25mm long, so can't run through both.

You mention nuts, but this system uses a tapered square bolt head in the rail, the nuts are just regular M3 locknuts. the entire rail is only 1cm sq, there is no room for threads inside the rail, thus the bolt head inside and nuts outside. Similar to a common T nut system, but reversed.

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
Yes, it is a Makerbeam. I have a build video and article that I've been working on with links to all the parts on Amazon - I really need to finish that!