RadioMaster Launches Their New Zorro Compact TX

Marzipan

RM has taken the gloves off and slapped Jumper in the face as the Zorro smokes their own T8-Pro and shames the T-Lite.

CC2500 or 4-In-1 or ELRS and via modules*, you can add ELRS if you chose the 4-In-1 or Nano Crossfire.

And the price is ridiculously good!

https://www.radiomasterrc.com/store-zorro-radio-control

*I don't quite understand all the long range stuff, but if you chose the ELRS config, can you add a 4-In-1 as a module?

joelspangler

I don't get the point of the CC2500 model. I would have bought the TX12 if they would have made it available with the 4 in 1 chipset. I might get this new model (Zorro), however I'd want to know details on the switches before making my order. Looks like there are 4 on the top, but unsure if they are 2-way or 3-way switches, or a combination of each. Looks like there might also be momentary buttons on the bottom too, which might be nice as a "save me" button for planes with stabilization. I think OpenTX has a feature where you can set trims based on the current stick positions (it's a lot faster than messing with the trim buttons), so that might be a good bet for the other momentary button. I guess I'll wait for new info to come out... I'm in no super hurry - I'd just like to have my transmitter and my son's both on the same operating system (my son's currently has deviation, and figuring out how to do stuff in both systems is quite annoying).

Marzipan

on an RCG thread, someone in the know said the following about the Zorro's switches:
two 3 pos switch
two 2 pos switch
four toggle switches
2 sliders

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
And something I cant figure out: Why cant someone make a 5 in 1 module like the one in the jumper t18 except with elrs instead of r9

Marzipan

And something I cant figure out: Why cant someone make a 5 in 1 module like the one in the jumper t18 except with elrs instead of r9

there is a thread on RCGroups where this was asked and apparently the cost of licensing / developing / supporting is not financially feasible.