Rocket Challenge

water1js

I watched the video where Flight Test attached a plane to a model rocket and that got me thinking, I would really like to see you launch a model rocket from a plane. I think it would be extremely cool if you could find a way to attach a rocket and hook it up so it could fire from the plane while flying, it wouldn’t be very accurate, much like the rocket pods on the old world war two war birds, however it could add a new challenge to dog fighting. You could potentially make it more accurate as well by flying the plane FPV.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
A lot of people shoot "missiles" from RC planes. Usually scale warbirds. But it's something that is kept on the down low because it leaves a bad taste in some people's mouth and negatively impacts the hobby.

It is certainly possible, and isn't even that hard to do. But shhhhhhh.

earthsciteach

"Hmmm...," he says while stroking his goatee. Eric's tricopter could definitely handle this. The vertical launches are ok, but i'm thinking of a ground attack platform. Just imagine the laughter as your friends scramble for cover. "Ha ha ha, they will say." "Jolly good one, you cheeky fellow." Then you all will go have a few pints at the pub and eat bangars and mash. This will bring so many friends together. I say we all go to the basement and get to work on the firing system. Tally Ho, chaps!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
This isn't that great of a video, but it's from (about) 1990.

If they could do it with a gasser way back then, it'll be super easy to set up now with LiPos and foamies.

Personally I think it's one of those things that is perfectly fine to do, just keep quiet about it. Same with fireworks being launched from a plane. As long as it's not a stupid crazy fireworks set up. We don't need to give the news stuff to talk about. The news is already trying to make money off of people's fear of "drones".

I'm just glad the news hasn't caught wind of this, but the video looks kind of old. It is a gas heli after all:

Although this is turning into a political tangent. I hate political stuff.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Shooting anything off of a model is best left to a remote area or on your own land. Somebody goes and does this in a crowded park and we'll never hear the end of it. Can you imagine if the brain donor in new york put something like this on the multi he flew off his balcony and crashed into the street? We'd all be grounded now!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The tank battle is cool, too. It's been awhile since I last watched these, Thanks, FM