Save the Fowl Flyer!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
The FT Fowl Flyer is a funky looking plane. With all the new FPV tech around and improved update would be fun. What do you think?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I think the easiest thing to update would be to change all poster board to molded foam board, and to maybe give the wings a box spar.

Spacefarer

That front could use a shape change too. Any fpv ship of that size should be designed to get good flight times. Adding a few latches would allow some sort of plastic cockpit to keep the old look.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
So in preparation for FF-21 I have a few planes I need to build that require 2d CAD skills to make (my Shinden, Blunder Bee, and my IL-2) I want to bring at least 2 combat planes to FF, and the only one planned before was the Blunder Bee. I thought I'd kill three birds with one stone and restart work on redesigning the fowl flyer. First I built a normal one with very few modifications, and I finall got around to painting it today. I still need to add some black accents borders to certain. parts to give it a rescue plane look. I've also been learning inkscape and started modifying plans to make a Fowl Flyer V2 set of plans and upload those. I think I may actually stick either the posterboard nose for this one since It is surprisingly durable so far. After I'm finished, I'll be able to use inkscape on all the other planes :D
81ACDD56-714D-4A52-ADE8-57F94A99B22D.jpeg
C5FCB6F0-F900-4D2D-B213-6822B4935150.jpeg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I added the black trim to my safety orange and half gloss white, half flat white plane (I didn't have much paint left in the cans, but it's a quick and dirty paint job, so it's not the worst part on this plane)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg