Say Hi!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
SOur bigger events, some of the wives will come out and hang around for a while...
I'd love to see more females involved in the hobby.

Same experience here, but the wives gather around and start chatting about stupid hobbies, ignoring the great one happing right over their heads!

I will say chicks secretly dig helis (and multis, by extension). My theory is they like it because it can fly in multipe directions at once . . . I really need to finish up that Quad for my wife . . .

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yes- but my thoughts are the same. I think it would be cool to see a few more girls interested in the hobby.

Night flying is one of the things that seems to catch the attention of the ladies around here.

BTW- Pretty country you are from. Our family ancestral home is in a little town called Normandy...

lonewolf7717

After almost a full year off and not a peep on this forum....I'M BACK! Had a friend over to my place a couple weeks back and he noted the pile of dusty rc "stuff" in the corner. He was absolutely clueless as to why I had all this cool stuff and haven't flown in a year. That was all the prompting I needed to do a little showing off the next day. Amazing how easy it is to get hooked all over again, tossed up my first DLG this evening and the amazing thing is I didnt break anything! Anyways the name is Matt and I'll be around.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yeah- kinda with ya on that one wolf- didn't fly much last summer and only flew a couple 'o times this summer. Throw a broken radio and an extended hospital stay into the mix, well... Gotta say though, last weekend and this weekend has been some of the best flying we get around here. Not too many sunny day weekends left for us before the nasty winter is back.
Good to have you back. Sometimes it just takes some clearing out and finding something new to get interested in :cool:

After almost a full year off and not a peep on this forum....I'M BACK! Had a friend over to my place a couple weeks back and he noted the pile of dusty rc "stuff" in the corner. He was absolutely clueless as to why I had all this cool stuff and haven't flown in a year. That was all the prompting I needed to do a little showing off the next day. Amazing how easy it is to get hooked all over again, tossed up my first DLG this evening and the amazing thing is I didnt break anything! Anyways the name is Matt and I'll be around.

tunacan32

Hi

tunacan32 checking in.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Finished building my FT Old Fogey and took it up for it's maiden. Crashed twice, with one prop totaled. Then, boom, good, solid 15 minute flight. Landing was a little rough, but no damage other than the first prop. I love prop savers!

Anyway, I'm 45 yrs old and live in CA. Started out with rc cars and got hooked on the RC10 platform (I've built buggies, stadium trucks and 4x4 trucks). Been away from all things rc for about 10 years, then found FT. Been watching their videos and lurking the site. Inspired me to build the Old Fogey. Now, I want to build more and fly more!!!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Awesome Tunacan! That first long flight is a glorious one, ain't it!

Welcome to the forum! Got a "next airframe" picked out yet?

tunacan32

Awesome Tunacan! That first long flight is a glorious one, ain't it!

Welcome to the forum! Got a "next airframe" picked out yet?

Glorious didn't do it justice!!! I called my wife, and she couldn't figure out why I was so excited.

Up next will be the Old Speedster, since my current power pod setup can go right in. :D

I eventually would like to buy an Apprentice.

royce.meredith

Hello everyone, My name is Royce I'm 29 years old and I live in the Central Valley of California. I have been flying RC things for a good 15 years. I began my flying adventures with a friend built Great Planes Spirit glider that I flew, crashed, then decided that a hi start would be a good idea while I was still learning the basics of flight... well needless to say that was not a good idea because that was my first big RC disaster when the glider went straight up, straight down then re kitted across the whole field... Fortunately that did not hinder my love of the hobby, I went on to build a Great Planes PT Electric then turn that back into a kit too. Then later on I got into some of the early GWS planes which really sealed the deal with my love of flying. I got into scratch building back when the Phlatprinter first came out and I started with their Mk1 kit and built many planes with that setup. I have since set that machine in a corner of my garage and moved to the Flitetest designs. I am so grateful for the skills, abilities and love that these guys put into this hobby. Its amazing even when you've been in the hobby for quite a while you can learn so many new things on a daily basis. Anyway... that was a lot about me... Take care! -Royce

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Welcome, Royce! I still have a Spirit which is still flyable if I toss a new battery in her...and find my highstart...

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Welcome to the forum rohith. I guess you either are good at saving money or you have someone who helps you buy your equipment. Do you build any of your own stuff? Are you in the hobby with anyone else (family, friends)? What aircraft do you fly most of the time?
—Jim

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Hello!
I suppose I should have done this straight away when joining the forums but I didn't notice this thread haha.

Well, I'm James, I am 18 and have been flying RC for around 3 years off and on. I'm from the United Kingdom - which is very rainy and windy at the moment - and I mostly planes. I have three or four aircraft at the moment, including two scratch builds which are:
A mini Supercub (retired)
A Parkzone Spitfire (also retired)
The "FieldHawk" which is my own designed warbird trainer.
The FT spitfire (still being built, but nearly finished)

I have only really got properly into to the hobby recently, so this is an exciting time! I also fly with my friend Phil, who is mainly into multirotors, which is useful as I can learn to fly them while I teach him to fly my planes etc. :)

Thanks,
James.

Simdor

Same here, didn't know the thread existed...

Hello to you fellow hobbiests! My name is Simon, I am 18 years old and live in Sweden (Trollhättan). I´ve been flying rc airplanes for more than 4 years, and multirotors for just a couple of months. During the 4 years I´ve probably built around 40 models. I have built almost every single plane from Rcpowers.com, and have built numerous models from other sites on the internet.

Other than rc, I like video editing (I use Lightworks) and working on my website and YouTube channel. I also managed to get my hands on a 3D printer i school. Right now I'm designing roderhorns and clevisis for my planes in Inventor Autodesk (a CAD program).

Cheers!

JustGreg

Hi all.
Im Greg. Im 50 and an industrial mechanic, married with two adult children and from Augusta, Ga. Ive been interested in rc flying since I was very young. The only problem was until now I either couldnt afford it or there was no time. Since my kids have gone their own way, Ive been slowly acquiring all the necessary equipment to scratch build and fly my own planes. Ive currently got an AXON about 50% complete.
Im looking forward to learning a lot more here. Hopefully , I can contribute something back one day.