Scratch build

Manligheten

HI, IM new to the forum although i have been following FliteTest Since David where around. During my last year of education i started building an RC-plane i called O-gripen. Now im modelling O-gripen 2.0 sicne the first one crashed as fast as it could, but that is another story. I would like to get Help and Ideas how to construct my RC. it is 2m wide and 1.5m long. i also would like to get tips regarding electric motor and propeller for this size of model.
Dont be shy and tell me what you think. Sincerely Rickard.H
Ogripen2.0.PNG

ognom

Hi, Rickard... have you flown rc before? If so and you're designing your own models I'd suggest as a starting point to take the shapes of your surfaces and general sizes and find something of similar dimensions and copy the incidence, airfoil, center of gravity and use your ideas to modify an existing design. As for motor size, a lot depends on what you want to do with it.. Back when balsa was all you had to build with engine sizes were determined by the speed you wanted, the weight of the model and your annual income.... Some things never got built because of expense..

If you want some plans to study etc... you might try outerzone.co.uk