Scratching the Baby

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks. I'm really proud of how she came out. I'll have her ready for flight this evening. Ironically, I start back to work tomorrow, and my schedule is very much up in the air at the moment. Working second shift, there really isn't any before or after work time. Work days are just work.

I'm just going to have to play it by ear and be patient. :(

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Life happened and we got to the field late. But she got to fly, and fly she did! :D

We warmed up with the 4ch TT and then it was Baby Blue's turn. She flew wonderfully! I think she's a bit nose heavy, but I had some extra weight in the Power Pod that I'm going to halve for the next flight.

She came down a bit hard at the end, and bent the landing gear back a bit. The skewers that hold the power pod also popped off, and that was it for her flying for the day. But wow! What a maiden!

IMG_0422.JPG

Jimun

Elite member
Life happened and we got to the field late. But she got to fly, and fly she did! :D

We warmed up with the 4ch TT and then it was Baby Blue's turn. She flew wonderfully! I think she's a bit nose heavy, but I had some extra weight in the Power Pod that I'm going to halve for the next flight.

She came down a bit hard at the end, and bent the landing gear back a bit. The skewers that hold the power pod also popped off, and that was it for her flying for the day. But wow! What a maiden!

View attachment 132879
Looks like you are having fun. She will fly again.

sundown57

Legendary member
Could let buzzbomb have all the fun so I finished my second baby blender. Let's hope this one can avoid the fence. Also managed to wire up a cam from an old drone. Hoping that works so i can get a feel from inside the plane. BTW. who the heck thought it would be a good idea to make a micro mini SD card spring loaded?

Attachments

• IMG_3818.JPG
    IMG_3818.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3819.JPG
    IMG_3819.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3821.JPG
    IMG_3821.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Been taking Baby Blue up here and there, and she's flying great. (Until I misjudge and crash her.)

Whenever she comes in, the motor is too hot to touch though. We normally run a 3s 1300mAh batt, Turnigy D2836/8 1100kv motor, 30amp esc and 10x45 prop. Today she went up with a 3s 2200mAh. The esc is usually pretty warm, but not hot.

Obviously if the motor is too hot to touch, it is too hot. Anybody got any ideas why? Not enough motor? Wrong size prop?

mayan

Legendary member
Been taking Baby Blue up here and there, and she's flying great. (Until I misjudge and crash her.)

Whenever she comes in, the motor is too hot to touch though. We normally run a 3s 1300mAh batt, Turnigy D2836/8 1100kv motor, 30amp esc and 10x45 prop. Today she went up with a 3s 2200mAh. The esc is usually pretty warm, but not hot.

Obviously if the motor is too hot to touch, it is too hot. Anybody got any ideas why? Not enough motor? Wrong size prop?
How much does she weigh? I am recently having a similar issue with my TT and never had them before with the exact same setup. That’s why I think the weight is causing the problem.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
How much does she weigh? I am recently having a similar issue with my TT and never had them before with the exact same setup. That’s why I think the weight is causing the problem.
The Baby Blender is 14oz dry and 20.7oz all up. I built the extended version, so it's a little heavier.

jpot1

Elite member
@buzzbomb - I use that exact same motor, esc size and 1300 3s with no problem but I use a 9x6 prop. That motor should be fine on a 10” prop as well. I use two of those motors with 10x4.5 props on my A-10. I wonder if the motor is going bad - perhaps a bearing issue? If you spin it by hand does it still spin smoothly or grind a bit?

FastCrash45

Elite member
It seems like it's just the motor is getting hot so it would be a prop issue. Your on that fine line where more prop would cook the esc. I would get the 8.4 but I would also get a 9.4 just in case the 8.4 gets a little too mild. But a 10.4 to a 9.4 would be a good bet on the motor being cooler. They'll all get hot but you have to be able to take the heat for 5 secs.