Selling FlySky Transmitter

Tech3811

Hi! About a year ago, I purchased a Flysky Transmitter that was super cheap, and I recently joined a local flying club; they told me to buy a spectrum. I had been hearing this for a while, and I just ordered the Dx6e. Is there a good place for me to sell my old Flysky transmitter? It was about $70 and is 10ch. I have a receiver as well, that i will sell with it. Aside from Craig's list or Ebay, are there any good places to sell hobby stuff?

Flyingshark

Master member
Hi! About a year ago, I purchased a Flysky Transmitter that was super cheap, and I recently joined a local flying club; they told me to buy a spectrum. I had been hearing this for a while, and I just ordered the Dx6e. Is there a good place for me to sell my old Flysky transmitter? It was about $70 and is 10ch. I have a receiver as well, that i will sell with it. Aside from Craig's list or Ebay, are there any good places to sell hobby stuff?
I think If you're going to sell it here, there's a special section for that kind of stuff. Maybe way at the bottom of the main forum page.

I've been loving my Dx6e, so hopefully you'll enjoy yours. The small-ish number of channels is noticeable, but there are lots of nice functions. I'd probably never ever use more than 7 or 8 channels, so it's not a huge limitation for me. Sounds like you're planning on converting your existing planes to Spektrum?

Tech3811

Yes, I am converting them to spectrum. And no, I am not trying to sell it here at all, just looking for a site to sell it on. I might just do eBay, though.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome to the wonderful world of Spektrum lol. I have a Dx7 and love it! I'm hoping to upgrade to a DX9 or DX18 in the future though. I would post it on RCG - there's a lot of activity in that classified section.

Tech3811

Ok, I posted it on eBay. I can’t wait to try my Dx6. Also, if you only have 6 channels, would you have to put flaps on a y harness?

Yusernaym

if you still have time to change your order, I highly recommend you go for the Radiomaster TX16s. I have a Spektrum Dx6e and have quickly run into limitations, where the Radiomaster would be more than enough for most people for less than the price of a DX6e. It's compatible with Spektrum receivers as well.

Flyingshark

Master member
if you still have time to change your order, I highly recommend you go for the Radiomaster TX16s. I have a Spektrum Dx6e and have quickly run into limitations, where the Radiomaster would be more than enough for most people for less than the price of a DX6e. It's compatible with Spektrum receivers as well.
What sort of limitations are you having with the DX6e? For me the lack of channels is noticeable, but it isn't the end of the world. I'll probably buy a T16 or X9D+ sometime in the future, but right now the DX6e works for me. Anyway, what problems are you having?

Tech3811

Ok! So it works with spectrum receivers? I will check with my club, they told me to get spectrum... in the meantime I will suspend my order for the dx6e!

Flyingshark

Master member
Ok! So it works with spectrum receivers? I will check with my club, they told me to get spectrum... in the meantime I will suspend my order for the dx6e!
They probably told you to get Spektrum because of the DSMX frequency-hopping protocol, so I can't think of a reason they wouldn't be OK with a TX16 running the same protocol. Hope it all works out for you!

Yusernaym

What sort of limitations are you having with the DX6e? For me the lack of channels is noticeable, but it isn't the end of the world. I'll probably buy a T16 or X9D+ sometime in the future, but right now the DX6e works for me. Anyway, what problems are you having?
It's mostly the lack of channels. I also have found that it's pretty much impossible to find replacement parts, and, at least on mine, some functions just don't work. Mine won't let me assign channels to inputs or do mixing. I just feel like the TX16s is a much better value.

Flyingshark

Master member
It's mostly the lack of channels. I also have found that it's pretty much impossible to find replacement parts, and, at least on mine, some functions just don't work. Mine won't let me assign channels to inputs or do mixing. I just feel like the TX16s is a much better value.
Yeah, Spektrum is like Apple, it's super user friendly, but barely any room for customization. That's weird that yours doesn't do mixing. Mine seems to do everything pretty well, except I haven't been able to program a flaperon mix. The OTX transmitters definitely have a lot of value for the money.

Ranger_107

Elite member
Welcome to the wonderful world of Spektrum lol. I have a Dx7 and love it! I'm hoping to upgrade to a DX9 or DX18 in the future though. I would post it on RCG - there's a lot of activity in that classified section.
an 18??? if u get that, might as well get an ix model

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
an 18??? if u get that, might as well get an ix model
It would only be if I can find a good deal one one. If I can find a good deal on an IX-20 I'd be all over, but I highly doubt I could I'll ever find one under 700 and even that is way out of my price range lol.

Ranger_107

Elite member
It would only be if I can find a good deal one one. If I can find a good deal on an IX-20 I'd be all over, but I highly doubt I could I'll ever find one under 700 and even that is way out of my price range lol.
HOW BOUT AN IX12 oops caps lock. there like 600. still great. y do u need a 18 channel tx??