Servo Tester

F32trojan

Still new to this whole process. Need to test some servos with this device. If my understanding is correct I can connect my 32 mAh 3S battery to an ESC with BSC. Hook the ESC to the input side and up to 3 new servos to the output side.

Attachments

• Servo tester.jpg
    Servo tester.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
You have it right need the BEC or a separate BEC to keep the voltage down to less then 6 volts. Unless you have high voltage servos then it is 8 volts or less.

Don`t need the ESC IF you have a battery pack that has the plug on the end that goes into a receiver. I have many of those around as I fly IC engines either 4 volt or 6 volt pack.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Still new to this whole process. Need to test some servos with this device. If my understanding is correct I can connect my 32 mAh 3S battery to an ESC with BSC. Hook the ESC to the input side and up to 3 new servos to the output side.
Yes

Attach your battery to an ESC, one with a BEC. Then attach the BEC to your servo tester. The BEC will supply 5v to the tester.

Any 5v source will work to power the servo tester. You also could use 4 AA batteries. I use a 5v wall charger, a wall wart. I just solder on a servo connecter.

F32trojan

Yes

Attach your battery to an ESC, one with a BEC. Then attach the BEC to your servo tester. The BEC will supply 5v to the tester.

Any 5v source will work to power the servo tester. You also could use 4 AA batteries. I use a 5v wall charger, a wall wart. I just solder on a servo connecter.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Still not quite sure of this process yet. Me and electricity are not the greatest of friends.

But THANKS.

Awww Electricity does not make you feel all tingly inside like the rest of us? :ROFLMAO: All good. You will learn more and more over time here

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Still not quite sure of this process yet. Me and electricity are not the greatest of friends.

But THANKS.
Just as long as you are using something near 5v ( that is 4-6v and not 12v+) and you get the polarity correct, you’ll be fine.

A cheap volt meter is very useful. Here is one for $10.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086Q4PKYT/?tag=lstir-20
A cheap lipo cell checker like this one is essential.
E7671A0F-B9B6-476A-AE9E-15B09FA07FD2.jpeg