WigglesFPV

Here's the build video. Updates are coming

6PBOR0i.jpg
r3vi7BX.jpg
lrTOHg1.jpg
SsLMHmR.jpg

Last edited:

WigglesFPV

This build came out to 259 grams with pulse 860 4s battery, 227 grams with a frankenpack 610mAh 4s.

Last edited:

WigglesFPV

Here's a hack for a mobius that'll let you stay under 250grams with HD recording on the Shrieker!

Last edited:

Avaviel

So the reciever and transmitter next to each other are fine, because of the different frequencies? But if this craft, for whatever crazy reason, had GPS, they both would need to be far from them?

And I'm currently unable to watch the video, is the Y of the reciever a custom job? I recognize it as a taranis? I think. Or at least that's the last reciever I saw in that form.

WigglesFPV

So the reciever and transmitter next to each other are fine, because of the different frequencies? But if this craft, for whatever crazy reason, had GPS, they both would need to be far from them?

And I'm currently unable to watch the video, is the Y of the reciever a custom job? I recognize it as a taranis? I think. Or at least that's the last reciever I saw in that form.

I don't know why you'd put GPS on this little bird, but it probably would want a bit of separation just to get away from spurious emissions from the VTx. Not sure that's possible on a quad this small. As for the receiver I did that custom. It's just 3 zipties and some heatshrink. Works a charm. The receiver is a x4r, and yes, the Taranis in the transmitter that I use.

Topdawg

Love It!! Very well done sir. Like the part, "If you care about not burning the hell out of your fingers, this is not the way to do it." You had a very clean build, I am always scared of the shrieker frames as they look like a little ninja star. One other note/question. Be careful when using the locktite on the aluminum standoffs and hardware. I have stripped a couple of screws out when trying to remove them at a later time, have you had this same problem? I agree with the loctite for the motors 100%.

WigglesFPV

Thanks. I'd worry less about the shape of the frame, and more about the props. As far as lock tight and aluminum screws, I havent had a problem. at least not with socket cap screws. button cap might be an issues. At least with the sockets, you can wring the head with some vise grips and twist it off or use a dremel to easily cut a slot.

Avaviel

I don't know why you'd put GPS on this little bird, but it probably would want a bit of separation just to get away from spurious emissions from the VTx. Not sure that's possible on a quad this small. As for the receiver I did that custom. It's just 3 zipties and some heatshrink. Works a charm. The receiver is a x4r, and yes, the Taranis in the transmitter that I use.

I was asking for my own projects! Of course one this size wouldn't have GPS. This is the first time I've seen an antenna mounted like that. I'm used to seeing the radial ones for video, and the reciever not having any.

AdamV

as a novice quad builder, i found that build video really well done and i learned a lot of good pearls about building in general. Super clean looking build.

What flight times do you get?

WigglesFPV

I was asking for my own projects! Of course one this size wouldn't have GPS. This is the first time I've seen an antenna mounted like that. I'm used to seeing the radial ones for video, and the reciever not having any.

ah sorry, misread you up there. yes it's always goods practice to separate antennas, including GPS, regardless of what frequencies they are on. (IF the build permits, of course). Also keep in mind that some FPV cameras and HD camera generate EMF noise as well. Usually not an issue, unless you are going long range, or the noise is really bad. But it is something to keep in mind.

Very nice!
glad you liked it.

WigglesFPV

as a novice quad builder, i found that build video really well done and i learned a lot of good pearls about building in general. Super clean looking build.

What flight times do you get?

Glad you liked the video I am thinking about doing some more educational style stuff in the future. Perhaps a series.

Hmm depends on what battery I am using and how I am flying. Usually at least 3 minutes of faster/mixed flying, maybe 5 minutes of cruising (but I don't cruise much anymore :).

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Im building one of these soon i got the motors and escs but i need to buy the frame, fpv gear, a Naze board,and a few other bits and pieces.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Thank you, your video is the best one out there especially for a relatively new builder im used to tearing apart my 250 but this 130 is going to be a whole new adventure so thank you buy the way im subbed to both the thread and your you tube channel I had no idea you were on the ft forums.Now I have to wait 14 painful days for the shrieker to restock on getfpv and wait for rotor geeks to restock some other stuff I need by the way do you have any suggestions for a step down for the naze 32.
Thanks
-Airhawk

WigglesFPV

I usually used a dodo flight controller which has a 5v regulator built in. If you are using a naze, pololu 5v stepdown regs are the standard.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
yeah im going to order one soon.I found out yesterday that andy prefers the 1300 3100 kv motors funny how those are the exact motors i have