Haven't posted in here for AN AGE!! New Build

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi'ya!
Well, long time, no see.
Got inspired to grab some foamboard and a new sharp knife blade to build a Tailsitter flying wing.
It's the wing in this video -
I don't have any plans for the actual wing, but since this needs active stabilisation to fly at all I'm pretty sure the dimensions are not super critical.

The stabilisation is provided by Nicholas Rehm's own designed unit which is powered by a Teensy 4.0 microprocessor board with a small 6 DOF (Degrees Of Freedom) sensor board.
Foam is cut, board is built, sensor wired up, servos, motors, UBEC obtained, just waiting on a couple of ESC's to arrive (They need to run BLHeli software to understand the OneShot 125 protocol)
Updates as they happen...

Caroline

Attachments

• IMG_20231210_195215745.jpg
    IMG_20231210_195215745.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231210_195031126.jpg
    IMG_20231210_195031126.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231210_195120765.jpg
    IMG_20231210_195120765.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Hi Caroline
As you say you have been away a while.
Interesting plane but I do wonder how much it can be considered "flying".
I do use gyros in some of my conventional planes but they all can do the complete flight with the gyro off. Its just more relaxed in tricky conditions with it on.
Look forward to your posts, particularly on how you handle the flight controller software.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi Caroline
As you say you have been away a while.
Interesting plane but I do wonder how much it can be considered "flying".
I do use gyros in some of my conventional planes but they all can do the complete flight with the gyro off. Its just more relaxed in tricky conditions with it on.
Look forward to your posts, particularly on how you handle the flight controller software.
Does an F-22 fly without the computer? Nope - it's fly-by-wire all the way and I would say F-22 do fly.
This is more of an education project for me than a serious plane but I hope it will be fun.

:)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Good to see you back in here!

I have been busy "testing" some CRSF-PWM boards and should have been playing with some of Nick's projects myself. At a minimum I need to get some of my indoor flyers ready by next Saturday...

Cheers!
LitterBug