• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Simple Scout power pod location?

AirBone

I’m building a Simple Scout with pontoons for snow. The fire wall is taller than the power pod. I kept firewall flush to bottom of P pod. Do I install with bottom of pod in contact with the lower part of engine compartment or push pod against top of compartment? Thanks for a great forum. I am learning lots.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome to the forum! Keeping the bottom flush is pretty much the way I build them, at that size. You basically want the wood to stick out of the top by the width of the foam.

In all FT builds, the power pod will always be pushed against the top of the fuselage where it mounts. At least the one's I've done so far. :)

AirBone

Welcome to the forum! Keeping the bottom flush is pretty much the way I build them, at that size. You basically want the wood to stick out of the top by the width of the foam.

In all FT builds, the power pod will always be pushed against the top of the fuselage where it mounts. At least the one's I've done so far. :)
Thanks Buzbomb, the three previous planes all pushed up against top. The Scout has doublers that make a nice channel for pod, with rails on bottom. It looks like the pod should sit on them, but it tilts motor down slightly and makes the prescribed skewer holes barley touch top of pod. If I push it to top, the firewall hits first and makes pod angle upwards. If I push where firewall sits out front of foam, the motor sticks really far out. I’m going to experiment. Thanks again, this is so much fun!