Simple Stick

Simple Stick V1.4

Please log in to download

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Also how do you do your foam wheels. My ones failed horribly.
Here’s what I did on my dr-1:

So I first started by choosing the size wanted my wheel to be and I cut two circles of the chosen diameter out of some thin wood (basswood, probably 1/16 inches.) Next I cut out four pieces of foam the same size and glued them on either side of the wooden piece. Then I drilled out a center all hole (make sure it’s exactly in the center or else they won’t work very well) and slid a coffee stirrer inside and glued it in place. Snip off the ends of the coffee stirrer, and you have a nice wheel! It works really well on my dr-1.

87BB0BC0-95A8-4C3D-A336-8E76A8C410B1.jpeg
A0D4FB13-EB02-4212-9D64-B64644A6DF4B.jpeg
E255E1EB-6085-496B-8FF2-93285CF05AD3.jpeg

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Here’s what I did on my dr-1:

So I first started by choosing the size wanted my wheel to be and I cut two circles of the chosen diameter out of some thin wood (basswood, probably 1/16 inches.) Next I cut out four pieces of foam the same size and glued them on either side of the wooden piece. Then I drilled out a center all hole (make sure it’s exactly in the center or else they won’t work very well) and slid a coffee stirrer inside and glued it in place. Snip off the ends of the coffee stirrer, and you have a nice wheel! It works really well on my dr-1.

View attachment 188182 View attachment 188183 View attachment 188184
Nice! I made mine out of nothing but FB. No wonder it failed.