Simple Stick

Simple Stick V1.4

Please log in to download

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
No problem! The battery hath should line up with the lines I highlighted red:
1585291053797.png

(disregard the slight changes in the fuselage - I've been playing around with it a little.)
And if this helps, this is what it will look like when it's on the plane:
1585291244926.png

Headbang

Master member
Only real question is the firewall, thinking of just doing a quick hack and slash plywood firewall with a scroll saw. My 3d printer is at the office, and the office is off limits right now. Which is why I am building this and not my timber 110 sitting at the office.

OliverW

Legendary member
Only real question is the firewall, thinking of just doing a quick hack and slash plywood firewall with a scroll saw. My 3d printer is at the office, and the office is off limits right now. Which is why I am building this and not my timber 110 sitting at the office.
Let me know how you like the big timby. I might bash one to fit a GP-76.

Headbang

Master member
Let me know how you like the big timby. I might bash one to fit a GP-76.
Surfaces all look good for 3d, went all 2" arms on servos to give max throw. Using savox 1270tg's. This one is going 12s electric. Power system is proven on a pitts model 12 to do 8000rpm with a 24x10 prop. Which is more then I get out of a gp61.

OliverW

Legendary member
Surfaces all look good for 3d, went all 2" arms on servos to give max throw. Using savox 1270tg's. This one is going 12s electric. Power system is proven on a pitts model 12 to do 8000rpm with a 24x10 prop. Which is more then I get out of a gp61.
Awesome!

Let me know if you like the 3D capabilities. I just finished mine and will fly it soon.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks for the info it all makes sense now. What did you use for landing gear? I am still debating whether or not to put landing gear on still. Is it worth it?
No problem! I just used some wire I got off of the ft store and custom cut some fairings and wheel pants. I'd say if you have a hard surface like asphalt or a baseball diamond to take off and land from it's well worth it, but if you fly it off of grass, don't bother. I have mine rubber banded on (like ft did on some of their older models) and I can take it off for flying on grass but usually I fly at a baseball diamond so I leave them on and it does great!

I think i'll leave the landing gear for now. I maidened mine today but the battery popped off the velcro and got stuck in the prop which caused it to go into a nose-dive and crash. I fixed it and flew it again (with a better secured battery) and it flew awesome. It flies good fast and slow and can do some decent aerobatics.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I think i'll leave the landing gear for now. I maidened mine today but the battery popped off the velcro and got stuck in the prop which caused it to go into a nose-dive and crash. I fixed it and flew it again (with a better secured battery) and it flew awesome. It flies good fast and slow and can do some decent aerobatics.
Me and @The Hangar have built a couple planes that specialize in dropping their own batteries! LOL:LOL:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Too bad about the first crash but I’m glad you fixed it and like how it flies! (y):D