Spektrum dx4e TX

analog56x

Hello, i couldnt find anything on this after searching and searching, but i was wondering if anyone knew the range that this tx can go... ive got a stock supercub, and another supercub im modifying to be a FPV plane... im concerned about the range of this tx because id really like to be able to fly way above my town and get some great shots of it. i do not want the plane to lose signal, and take off, or crash, as i will be using my gopro camera as the FPV camera... plus, i dont want to cause an accident or anything...

ive been watching a lot of FPV videos on youtube, and seen guys reach upwards of 3000meters!!! well above the clouds! that is absolutely amazing to me, and i would love to try it!

if the range on my tx isnt good enough, would building a cloverleaf antenna for it help at all?

thank you!

robschonk

I've got that tx, and a DX-5 I use with my SC and they're advertised as full range TXs, but I wouldn't think about 3000 M without a whole lot of testing, and an AP with RTH function. At those distances you will have lost your FPV without some directional antennas and tracking.

Some folk use 2.4G cell phone boosters/patch antennas. I think we're talking the realm of very experienced FPVrs here.

analog56x

what is meant by 'full range' ?? i see that everywhere, but cant find a good explanation for what exactly it means...

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
what is meant by 'full range' ?? i see that everywhere, but cant find a good explanation for what exactly it means...
Full range is as far as you can see the plane and be able to determine the orientation of the plane in the air.
I dont think anyone would put the cheapest radiogear in anything bigger than you will loose sight after about 300 meters /1000 ft.