Spektrum dx6e and eflite safe mode assignment...help

CheckMySix

I have a eflite F16 70mm bnf and spektrum dx6e and I'm having a heck of a time getting the safe mode switch assignment. I'm pulling the bind plug before binding the reciever as the video shows but, when I pull in sticks and toggle the switch...any switch 5 times....nothing. control surfaces should twitch to confirm. What am I missing?

Building the flite test cub. Too cool man. I'm not an arts and crafts kinda guy so made a couple mistakes. But, printed out plans and so,e dollar store foam board and moving on. Great way to get people started in the hobby and I've been working too much lately. Been a great distraction. :)
Fly the eflite corsair years ago but moved away from area easy to fly in and...well..life got in the way. Getting back into it and love how much the hobby has advanced and what flite test community. Nothing but positive!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome to the forums and this awesome rc community! I would give horizon hobby a call - they have good customer service. The cub is a fun plane!

CheckMySix

Welcome to the forums and this awesome rc community! I would give horizon hobby a call - they have good customer service. The cub is a fun plane!

Thanks man. I was considering that as I hear they are really good. The manual is a little weak for setting up the AS3M in 3 modes but I suspect that's because Spektrum isn't the only player for transmitters.
I had to upgrade from my old DX6i because the F16 has retract gear and you have to use that switch for safe and AS3M. Was time for an upgrade anyway since I'm just getting back on to RCing thanks to Flite Test and their very cool products and YouTube videos. :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks man. I was considering that as I hear they are really good. The manual is a little weak for setting up the AS3M in 3 modes but I suspect that's because Spektrum isn't the only player for transmitters.
I had to upgrade from my old DX6i because the F16 has retract gear and you have to use that switch for safe and AS3M. Was time for an upgrade anyway since I'm just getting back on to RCing thanks to Flite Test and their very cool products and YouTube videos. :)
Yes, I much prefer my dx6e over my dx6i. I had to send the dx6e in for repairs and so I’ve been using the dx6i and miss the dx6e a lot😂