Spektrum DX7s and Aura 5 Lite

TomVos

Is this combination OK? I have the Aura build in the simple cub, and I was waiting for a new DMSX / DSMX2 compatible radio not too expansive but that is taking far too long.
I am now waiting 3 months but still in backorder. Still not able to fly because I do not have a DSMX radio.
I can get a Spektrum DX7s for 80 bucks so I was woundering if this would work OK with the Aura 5 lite........
Can someone give me advice?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Is this combination OK? I have the Aura build in the simple cub, and I was waiting for a new DMSX / DSMX2 compatible radio not too expansive but that is taking far too long.
I am now waiting 3 months but still in backorder. Still not able to fly because I do not have a DSMX radio.
I can get a Spektrum DX7s for 80 bucks so I was woundering if this would work OK with the Aura 5 lite........
Can someone give me advice?

Shouldn't be a problem. Aura boards are a stabilizer/gyroscope; that's all they're meant for. You still have to hook a DSMX receiver in to it (you'd use a satellite receiver, similar to those found in quadcopters) and bind that receiver to your Spektrum transmitter.

The DX7s is a solid transmitter, and at $80 is pretty good for it used. Keep in mind, though, that it has some...well, I'd see them as flaws, but others might say it's not a problem. The biggest cons I can see to this radio are the limit of models (you can only have a maximum of 20 models programmed into it) and that it does not have diversity in the antennas. The diversity means that it has a higher chance of dropping signal due to interference. Those two reasons are likely why it's being offered up by the seller.