Spektrum Question

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I purchased a DX5 to use with a Micro Radian BNF.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money and it seemed a good fit for the UMX.
It actually worked fine with the tiny Radian.
Then I got a Blade Nano QX and the Tx reached the limits of it's ability.
It has some sort of dual rates, but no expos or limits.
An of course you have to re-trim every time you switch models.
I want to upgrade to a newer Spektrum that I'll only ever use for Horizon BNF models and I like the looks of the DX6.
I already have a very good Futaba tx for my non-BNF models so the DX6 will suffice for my needs.

My question is - has anyone gotten the wireless buddy box to work between a DX5 and a DX6?
I think this would be a great use for this less capable tx.

Best regards,
PCH

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
PERFECT! That's pretty good news for older, less capable transmitters like the DX5.

Thanks for the tutorial link,
PCH

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
for about the same price as the new 6, you could get the dx9. it has (of course, 9 channels) and WAY more programming capability. Plus, you have the option to move any channel to any switch (e.g. put flaps where landing gear would normally be). I love that radio. Very nice.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Not so sure about the prices being all that close.
DX6 - $199
DX9 - $459
As I said I already have a good programmable Futaba TX.
I just need something a bit more capable for any BNFs I'll fly.

Best regards,
PCH

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Have you thought about getting the internal Orange hack TX module from Hobbyking and fitting it into your Futaba radio to make it work with DSM2/X? It would be a lot cheaper, and if you like your Futaba radio... just an idea.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Unfortunately the new Futabas like my 8FG Super is not Module based. I did see something else that was supposed to work, but it looked like a DIYers home project. I don't really want to do any soldering on my Futaba..... (c8

Best regards,
PCH

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
If you got one of the internal hack modules, and soldered a Futaba 6 pin trainer plug on it, it should work by just plugging it into the trainer port on the radio (that is if the right voltage needed is coming out of the trainer port... but there should be plenty of specs on that around the web). Only soldering needed would be 3 pins on the plug, and you wouldn't even have to open your radio

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Not so sure about the prices being all that close.
DX6 - $199
DX9 - $459
As I said I already have a good programmable Futaba TX.
I just need something a bit more capable for any BNFs I'll fly.

Best regards,
PCH

Wow, really?? must have dropped the price for the 6 TREMENDOUSLY since I last checked.