SPOR TEA in low.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 26
  • SPOR TEA and TEA.JPG
    SPOR TEA and TEA.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 30

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I have a couple other designs more suited for that. Spor TEA makes a good first low wing plane, but not till after you have done some time on higher wing 4ch trainer.
For an initial 3ch trainer, Poly is a well suited bird. No flight video yet. maybe in about two weeks or so.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Attachments

• Poly again.png
    Poly again.png
    121 KB · Views: 17
  • Poly.png
    Poly.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 18

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Ive got the CG sorted (about 1/8" behind the second fold in the wing). All the numbers have gone through and the math matches its design. Tail moment, Tail volume, AC, CG and NP all work out. Now I am waiting to work out the thrust angles. Rite now I estimate 3-5 degrees down and 0-3 right thrust depending on the prop. It is worked out with an 8x4, on about a park 370 equivalent, and a 1000mah - 1300mah 2s or 3s battery.
I hope to use this plane in the first of a series designed to teach a progression through Building, Flying and Designing foamies. If you are interested, I can share the plans. I just don't have the 'how to' video made yet.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Ive got the CG sorted (about 1/8" behind the second fold in the wing). All the numbers have gone through and the math matches its design. Tail moment, Tail volume, AC, CG and NP all work out. Now I am waiting to work out the thrust angles. Rite now I estimate 3-5 degrees down and 0-3 right thrust depending on the prop. It is worked out with an 8x4, on about a park 370 equivalent, and a 1000mah - 1300mah 2s or 3s battery.
I hope to use this plane in the first of a series designed to teach a progression through Building, Flying and Designing foamies. If you are interested, I can share the plans. I just don't have the 'how to' video made yet.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy