Star Wars request

This is where I let my nerd flag fly, but with the release of the new Star Wars trailer I'd love to see FT do some scratch builds of Star Wars vehicles (I.e x wing, y wing, tie fighter, etc...) I'm pretty sure most of these designs can be made from DTFB I'd love to see Bixler's interpretation of any of these

Tactical Ex

I've seen many iterations of the X wing ... many of which have failed but some of the more off the wall ships might be awesome to see. I would personally like to see the J Type 327 Nubian royal ship (Queen Amidala's ship). Build it with foam board and cover it with aluminum tape!

Failed God

Learning to fly
I would really like to see this too. I know they talked about how they would like an x wing anf a y wing on the pod cast.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I think the Snowspeeder might work as an RC plane.

The Imperial Shuttle would probably fly fine/great and would look cool too.
5064471401_ed107d98e5.jpg

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
With the "will it fly" episodes mentioned in the last podcast, I think Star Wars vehicles are a must do for the FT crew.

Grounded Gremlin

The guy that doesn't fly
Star Wars would be awesome!! I reckon the TIE fighter would work, but the Nubian or the Imperial Shuttle would fly great! The J 327 is much like the SR-71 in terms of design. How about the J type diplomatic barge? Any Star Wars stuff would be awesome!

Royalcruiser.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I already made a Tie Fighter and the Naboo Starfighter for RC Desk Pilot. But I plan on making a Millennium Falcon because it would be super easy to 3D model (since it only has to look like one and not be "flyable" in the real world). I also plan on making an X-Wing for RCDP with working folding wings.

But that's a simulator and not the same thing.

I made a crappy profile X-Wing before: http://flitetest.com/articles/star-wars-x-wing The guns break off of it almost instantly and completely kills the looks. Plus a canard with an X-Wing is mandatory. (I never actually tried it with out the canard, but it's what I heard from other people's attempts.)

Grounded Gremlin

The guy that doesn't fly
I already made a Tie Fighter and the Naboo Starfighter for RC Desk Pilot. But I plan on making a Millennium Falcon because it would be super easy to 3D model (since it only has to look like one and not be "flyable" in the real world). I also plan on making an X-Wing for RCDP with working folding wings.

But that's a simulator and not the same thing.

I made a crappy profile X-Wing before: http://flitetest.com/articles/star-wars-x-wing The guns break off of it almost instantly and completely kills the looks. Plus a canard with an X-Wing is mandatory. (I never actually tried it with out the canard, but it's what I heard from other people's attempts.)

No canard on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcE0y4o_uxU

If it is not a profile design canards would likely be necessary.