• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

steerable front landing gear?

Ranger_107

how can i make a steerable landing gear for my scratch build? preferably only 1 servo.
Would I also be able to have it retractable?

Ranger_107

its a tricycle gear and I want the front to be steerable because there is no rudder on it and I want to steer it on ground even though I might have differential I want that part scale. its ok if there is no easy way to make retracts

basslord1124

Common setups are using the rudder servo to control both rudder and front wheel. So just set up one servo and run one linkage to your front nose wheel. I have no idea how one would do it with retracts if you went that route.

Ranger_107

Common setups are using the rudder servo to control both rudder and front wheel. So just set up one servo and run one linkage to your front nose wheel. I have no idea how one would do it with retracts if you went that route.
oh, I am not having rudder in the plane. just using differential thrust b cause there is 2 rudders. just wanted a steerable nose gear as a cool add on