Still up a tree

Day 150: NOT Still Up A Tree! I went out Friday and yesterday but it was to stinking cold for a trek in the snow. Today, low and behold, it's hanging by the rear prop only ten feet off the ground. The front gear and steering box are buried under the snow, but that's for another day. I'll be interested to see what works and what doesn't. The battery is toast. The ESCs? I'll test them but I'll never trust them in a plane. The motors are probably good as long as there's no rust inside.

View attachment 218141 View attachment 218142 View attachment 218143 View attachment 218144 View attachment 218145 View attachment 218146
It feels like the end of an era.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Day 150: NOT Still Up A Tree! I went out Friday and yesterday but it was to stinking cold for a trek in the snow. Today, low and behold, it's hanging by the rear prop only ten feet off the ground. The front gear and steering box are buried under the snow, but that's for another day. I'll be interested to see what works and what doesn't. The battery is toast. The ESCs? I'll test them but I'll never trust them in a plane. The motors are probably good as long as there's no rust inside.
I've saved LIPOs that were outside and depleted for months. Setup your LIPO charger for LiFe or Nicad, charge to 3 volts per cell. Then stop the charge and restart it as a LIPO.

mastermalpass

Master member
It's a somewhat nice aesthetic, being half torn up and covered in mould and dirt like that. I guess it's because I never expect to see an RC plane like that. Makes me want to build an abandoned jungle hangar to just to take a picture of it with. The end of an era indeed!

I checked today and the plane is still not there!
I know!
We need some
Timmy_Time_new_logo.png

Now I know why your so obsessed with him, its the name ! :unsure: Timmy is the mane you give to a pet cat and Monte loves cats (y):eek:(y). If he was called Bruce, Rex or Tyson he wouldn't have the same appeal.
Sorry @Mr NCT didn't mean to go off topic, glad you got it back :)(y)
I named a kitten Gus a long time ago. And I love dogs at least as much as cats. I don't love having to take it outside every couple hours. And I WON'T leave it for at least 11 hours a day in a quiet home alone without a walk and without company. That doesn't sound fair to me. In fact it sounds cruel as far as I'm concerned.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am allergic to cats so obviously they don't have the same appeal for me as dogs. Plus you can't take a cat with you on walk's for miles either.
If I was to buy a house pet, it would be a guinea pig. Having had them in the past, they are great company shame about the short life span.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I named a kitten Gus a long time ago. And I love dogs at least as much as cats. I don't love having to take it outside every couple hours. And I WON'T leave it for at least 11 hours a day in a quiet home alone without a walk and without company. That doesn't sound fair to me. In fact it sounds cruel as far as I'm concerned.
You'd love a greyhound - the fastest couch potato alive. Ours did 15 minutes of exercise a day and the rest on the couch or his bed. The only time he did more than that was playing with our basset hound.

You'd love a greyhound - the fastest couch potato alive. Ours did 15 minutes of exercise a day and the rest on the couch or his bed. The only time he did more than that was playing with our basset hound.

I'm sure.
Well life is a little different here.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Yeah, me too. But 42.13483146067416% of a year is not bad. Others have claimed longer but no one has the documentation to prove it. I'll leave the thread open for anyone else who wants (perhaps the wrong word) to join the #TreeToo movement.
Ive got a emax tinyhawk 2 freestyle at the top of a 40ft cypress tree that aint never gonna come down unless the whole tree comes with it its been up there for over a year now... I had some dvr but lost it with the sd card so no documentation

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I am allergic to cats so obviously they don't have the same appeal for me as dogs. Plus you can't take a cat with you on walk's for miles either.
If I was to buy a house pet, it would be a guinea pig. Having had them in the past, they are great company shame about the short life span.
Guineapigs are awesome lifespan is not too bad imo considering hamsters are 1-3 yrs