Still up a tree

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Might be a wee bit bigger than my 2.5 inch quad lol. The quad is like a ft into the super thick branches of that stupid tree.

This one?

1645618009325.png

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I have finally gotten around to testing the motors and escs that spent 5 months in a tree in rain and snow. I was confident that the motors would be okay but was very surprised that the escs work just fine - drawing the same amps & volts as a "non-seasoned" esc. I am reasonably shocked.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
That's amazing 😅. I had something like this tree scenario happen, 3 days ago... I was flying a profile jet. A big gust of wind came up, and I lost complete contr of the plane... And it landed in a giant gumtree.. about 16m up... Let's just say it took me a good 40min to climb up the tree, with ropes and all to get the plane down.. my main concern was not the motors and stuff... But rather my 1 and only Futaba RX 😂. They're little blocks of gold those things...
I have finally gotten around to testing the motors and escs that spent 5 months in a tree in rain and snow. I was confident that the motors would be okay but was very surprised that the escs work just fine - drawing the same amps & volts as a "non-seasoned" esc. I am reasonably shocked.

Bricks

Master member
That's amazing 😅. I had something like this tree scenario happen, 3 days ago... I was flying a profile jet. A big gust of wind came up, and I lost complete contr of the plane... And it landed in a giant gumtree.. about 16m up... Let's just say it took me a good 40min to climb up the tree, with ropes and all to get the plane down.. my main concern was not the motors and stuff... But rather my 1 and only Futaba RX 😂. They're little blocks of gold those things...

It really sucks your so far away I threw at least a dozen 72 receivers and half were Futaba`s. Shipping is a killer as we tried that before.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Thanks guys.. yea, this is a new Futaba t8j... And these Rx's are way over priced in my opinion 🤣
That's the S-FHSS-2 protocol in the T8J, not surprised its expensive for receivers. I love Futaba gear unfortunately it's the price of receivers that put me off getting one.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I think Orange do a S-FHSS-2 version which are cheaper than genuine Futaba, I have never used them. But there are members of my club who do use them on Jets and big gasser planes and have had no issues.
I think that Orange has improved its reputation over recent years and are probably a lot more reliable than they use to be.
1651000670460.png

skymaster

Elite member
True fact: There are more trees standing in North America today than there were at the start of the industrial revolution. This is because we started burning coal.
Trees are an epidemic. They're surprisingly adaptable, they rapidly breed and spread into every available niche. It's gotten so you can't turn around without running into one. And they're dangerous.
#treetoo
Have you ran it one. they are nasty too, one of them push me off and hit the ground hard.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
That's the S-FHSS-2 protocol in the T8J, not surprised its expensive for receivers. I love Futaba gear unfortunately it's the price of receivers that put me off getting one.
Come on, you could say the receiver price was higher than a tree. You're not even trying!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I think Orange do a S-FHSS-2 version which are cheaper than genuine Futaba, I have never used them. But there are members of my club who do use them on Jets and big gasser planes and have had no issues.
I think that Orange has improved its reputation over recent years and are probably a lot more reliable than they use to be.
View attachment 224816
And again!! Oranges grow on trees. That one's low hanging fruit and you didn't even put forth the effort to grab for it. You're so caught up in this "to Futaba or not to Futaba" stuff that you can't see the forest for the ...........